Fox 29 meteorologist John Bolaris has been suspended

JULIUS

Other shoe, she has dropped.

I'm not surprised he's suspended and probably out, I'm surprised it took this long. Bolaris and the station never seemed to be on good terms and I've seen several weathercasts that included what seem like thinly veiled barbs towards his employer. Not recently, because the quality of 29's news has declined to the point that calling it garbage would be insulting to garbage. Plus there's the already mentioned bad blood between him and Schwaid. I've always thought that he was outta there at the end of his contract.

Of course they've also ousted SallyAnn Mosey, which puts them down to one meteorologist. They've been using Karen Thomas as a freelancer. And they're hiring a female weathercaster from, uh, Omaha.

God, I still miss Rob Guarino.

Philly and LA must be bad markets to work in because of how the on air staff always seems to get press for his/her actions.

It's not just there, it's everywhere.

Is it just me or does Bolaris just enjoy not having a job? He doesn't work very hard to try and keep them...

Other shoe, she has dropped.

I'm not surprised he's suspended and probably out, I'm surprised it took this long. Bolaris and the station never seemed to be on good terms and I've seen several weathercasts that included what seem like thinly veiled barbs towards his employer. Not recently, because the quality of 29's news has declined to the point that calling it garbage would be insulting to garbage. Plus there's the already mentioned bad blood between him and Schwaid. I've always thought that he was outta there at the end of his contract.

Of course they've also ousted SallyAnn Mosey, which puts them down to one meteorologist. They've been using Karen Thomas as a freelancer. And they're hiring a female weathercaster from, uh, Omaha.

God, I still miss Rob Guarino.

I miss Rob too. Im friends with him on Facebook. Speaking of SallyAnn, she should go back to WPVI. Or they probably have enough?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived