Today show Window blacked out

jeggleston

Ive seen lots of pictures online in the past few days that say that the windows to the studio in ny have been blacked out and there is a picture of the whole team saying a new look at today, anybody got any confirmations? This could only mean a new set when they come back from the Olympics.

Instagram! I NEVER would've thought to go there!

But yes, I agree with you @daybreak. however, it's just old now for its time and the era it came from. At the time yes, it was very state of the art for 2006 and was one of the first "modern" sets, but they'll need something like GMA or CBSTM to really look nice now.

Well with the blackened windows at 1A and the team in London for the past few weeks, this clearly proves that there will be a new set waiting for them and us when the Games are over and they arrive in New York... Or its something that gives us anticipation until its unveiling and then its just a ripoff. We'll see then.

Are Hoda and Kathy-Lee still airing in western markets (here on the East Coast, the Olympics Coverage starts at 10am, obviously, their normal time slot)? If so, are they "Previously Recorded", Taped on the Plaza, or Upstairs in 1A?

Theyre completely off until the Olympics are over. Hoda is with the today team in London and Kathie Lee is probably getting vacation time.

Studio 1A was in need of a makeover. Last time I watched the set looked pretty dated. Maybe they'll make a small renovation to the studio but I believe this is something else being that the wall says "a new way to look at Today" rather than a new look for Today. They've often referred to the windows as the audiences view into the show. Just thoughts.

I fail to understand how it's a "new way" to see the show unless a new set is involved. Are the windows going to be the Hi-Def panes like those sunglasses on the infomercials? :D

They don't even need to do this massive overhaul...the set prior to the "Whitewash" went largely unchanged for about a decade, as I recall. All they really need to do is change the desk(s), couches and duratrans behind the main desk, maybe do some painting and modify some lighting. Remember, this is only 3 weeks, the '06 remodel took most of the summer (but I think there was some major structural work done, too).

Archived