KFMB Graphics

Bsean

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I wonder what's taking do long to roll out rest of the new graphics. They're already using the weather graphics. Everything is so mismatched.

Hard to say what's going on. A few things come to mind, either: They're waiting for sweeps to debut them, Or need more time to train people on how to use the new graphics, or they're getting them modified.

No new graphics tonight. This is one of the weirdest roll out of graphics, i've ever seen. In previous roll outs, KFMB has updated their website the same day the new graphics debut, this time around that did not happen. CBS8,com has been tweaked a bit, with the new logo and some rearranging of the layout.

That 8 logo reminds me of KSBW, WGHP, and the early years of KFMB.

A. The reason why the KSBW and WGHP logos look in 1990 is because their logos were exactly same and were both owned by Storer Communications.

B. I hearken the new KFMB logo back to the WTSP 1994-2002 logo.

C. A coincidence? I think not! (7-Day from WFAA; From their Facebook)

1380253_10151703222546545_533768421_n.jpg

CBS8-New-Logo.png CBS8-New-Logo2.png

KFMB has revamped its website today, and here's the statement made on facebook.

If you've been on our homepage today, you may have noticed it looks different! Here's a quick guide to some of the changes we've made to the CBS8.com homepage.

What do you think of the CBS News 8 website homepage re-design? Let us know in the comments.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/23732524/cbs-news-8-website-homepage-re-design

The website was updated on Friday. They also changed their profile pics to the new logo on Facebook and Twitter on Friday as well.So hopefully they'll switch on Sunday.

To add, during the Chargers game a promo aired for Mondays 5p broadcast using Seize the Day. Wonder if they are going back to that with the introduction of the new graphics. If the music is changing, I wish they would stop rotating between Connection and Seize the Day. If they were gonna go back to an old theme, they should go back to Right Here, Right Now.

Here is a promo for the 5pm news with the new graphics, and music. All promos now have the new logo. In regards to the music, a few cuts have been used on the morning news for several months now but those cuts sound terrible. This cut used in the promo sounds more polished. I don't know, but the new music sounds very similar to Connection. An update, perhaps?

[YT]81QOISIAf6E[/YT]

Here is a promo for the 5pm news with the new graphics, and music. All promos now have the new logo. In regards to the music, a few cuts have been used on the morning news for several months now but those cuts sound terrible. This cut used in the promo sounds more polished. I don't know, but the new music sounds very similar to Connection. An update, perhaps?

[YT]81QOISIAf6E[/YT]

It really does look like a ripoff between KABC and the Belo Package but still, this was something that was long overdue for that station.

I don't recognize the music.

It's still Connection. I can hear the signature in it. It may be an update to Connection, but I don't know that.

EDIT: I stand corrected. I just watched the montage on the other thread. I have never heard this package before. I have no idea what it is.

Archived