Jeff Pegues Leaving WABC

nynewslover

Very well deserved, he's such a pro. Gonna miss him on weekends. So I guess Sandra Bookman's gonna be holding it down solo for the time being, eh?

I think you may be confusing Jeff Pegues for Joe Torres. Torres is the weekend evening anchor with Sandra. Pegues was a general assignments reporter.

• 3 weeks later...

I think you may be confusing Jeff Pegues for Joe Torres. Torres is the weekend evening anchor with Sandra. Pegues was a general assignments reporter.

He might as well anchored, he was so good at it. He should've moved up to ABC News would've been a better fit but i'm sure he'll fare very well with CBS. But he was definitely a class act, who knows, maybe he'll return in the future to WABC haha. I'm gonna miss those Thanksgiving Day Parade segments he did with his daughter though...

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff was also the back-up anchor to Joe Torres. With Jeff now gone from WABC, they had Ken anchor 11pm last night and will have David Navaro anchor tonight. I wonder who will be the new backup anchor to Joe? I personally would like to see Matt Kozar anchor, I think he would be good at it.

Jeff was also the back-up anchor to Joe Torres. With Jeff now gone from WABC, they had Ken anchor 11pm last night and will have David Navaro anchor tonight. I wonder who will be the new backup anchor to Joe? I personally would like to see Matt Kozar anchor, I think he would be good at it.

I'd give Tim Fleischer, Anthony Johnson, or Josh Eineger the nod over Kozar. NJ Burkett is too good in the field to take him off a weekday even to fill in.

This seems to be a big vacation week.. The end of last week as well. I belive it was last Friday they had Lori Stokes on at 4 plus anchoring the 6 solo. Last night they had David and Diana on at 4.. Diana and Joe on at 5 and I belive 6... Then Diana and Joe on at 11.. Same at WCBS Cindy Hsu and Alice Gainer did the 5 and 6.. Idk who did the 9 but Dick Brennan and Alice Gainer did the 11. As for Ch.7 idk the last time Joe anchored during the week.

This seems to be a big vacation week.. The end of last week as well. I belive it was last Friday they had Lori Stokes on at 4 plus anchoring the 6 solo. Last night they had David and Diana on at 4.. Diana and Joe on at 5 and I belive 6... Then Diana and Joe on at 11.. Same at WCBS Cindy Hsu and Alice Gainer did the 5 and 6.. Idk who did the 9 but Dick Brennan and Alice Gainer did the 11. As for Ch.7 idk the last time Joe anchored during the week.

Sure does. Lauren Glassberg anchoring for Sandra Bookman tonight. Haven't seen her at the desk in a while.

Sandra in for Lori this AM and noon, which is why Lauren was in for her last night.

There's a ton of staff out this week... have Supna Parhik and Jeff Smith in the field reporting at noon.

Were they doing medical and weather stories or general assignments?

Were they doing medical and weather stories or general assignments?

Both were doing stories about the heat wave - Jeff on what it's like outside, Supna on how to stay cool in the heat. Both more related to their fields of expertise than actual general assignments.

Archived