Most underrated music package

Two Gari themes seem underrated to me, though I assume no one likes either one:

Hometown News. Since it debuted in 1995, only one station, KPRC, has used it. Not sure why all the other stations seem to overlook this theme. It isn't that bad at all.

The Paramount. It would work well on just about any station. IMO, it would be perfect for WPTY/WLMT (ABC/CW) in Memphis.

The Image News "B" Package. It was an alternative the "A" Package for the H-A stations before the firm created a theme from Jerome Gilmer. Of course, both Image News packages are not limited to just the H-A stations. In fact, in my market, West Palm Beach, FL, WPEC is still using this theme, as they have since January 2000. I'm sure, however, it might change to CBS-Enforcer-NG. Hopefully they won't use this theme. If they DO have to use another Gari theme, I hope they go with either Hometown News, First News (last WEWS cut), the or the "A" Package. Just don't go for Enforcer - NG, because IMO, it is so overrated on CBS stations as EWN-NG is on ABC stations.

Speaking of EWN-NG, if I see Miami station WPLG use this theme, I will cringe. I cannot tell you what I would do if that did happen. However, I feel Frank Gari only wants to limit stations to NBC Collection, EWN-NG, Enforcer-NG, so he can retire every other theme.

Several of the Non-Stop packages are underrated... Primetime News, Power News, Total News, and Monster News.

Also, the Tuesday Productions themes.

Gotta agree on the Tuesday themes. Also, NS2001 (it's growing on me) and Turn to News are pretty underrated; at least for Gari's stuff.

The Image News "B" Package. It was an alternative the "A" Package for the H-A stations before the firm created a theme from Jerome Gilmer. Of course, both Image News packages are not limited to just the H-A stations. In fact, in my market, West Palm Beach, FL, WPEC is still using this theme, as they have since January 2000. I'm sure, however, it might change to CBS-Enforcer-NG. Hopefully they won't use this theme. If they DO have to use another Gari theme, I hope they go with either Hometown News, First News (last WEWS cut), the or the "A" Package. Just don't go for Enforcer - NG, because IMO, it is so overrated on CBS stations as EWN-NG is on ABC stations.

???

You have your choice of the Hearst Argyle A Package, or the Hearst Argyle B Package. Image News is the syndication title for the A Package; The B Package just became known by it's legal title. There is no "Image News B Package." They are two entirely different things.

NBC4NE is right about Hometown News, and I would concur...that was the first theme that I thought of when I saw this thread. I am sure that a few other Gari themes, in true Gari fashion, could be customized with the Hometown News sig, especially Enforcer and the package currently in use at KPRC, Advantage.

As for other underrated Gari themes, I would agree about NS2001 and the B; I'd also include Champion NS (yet another theme that can accommodate the Hometown News sig) and Great News (at least these days).

Many Edd Kalehoff music packages are underrated,

WCBS Grand(Grandeur),Nightcast, Dayna,Eyewitness Primetime,WJBK -Evening News,Major Theme and Industrial Strength as NewzPimpin said. I only wish that Edd Kalehoff music packages as used by more stations.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Junk Junk

What about News 2000 by Music Partners? (WSB)

A part of me died a little when News 2000 was introduced. I think that its predecessor (Image VIII by Newsmusic Central, used from 93-98) was a far superior package.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Interceptor by 615. It was originally created for WCCO in 2003, and they only used it for two years. They should have stuck with it, their whole image was much better during that period I think.

Right now the only stations using it are WRIC and KENS.

I love Interceptor by 615. It was originally created for WCCO in 2003, and they only used it for two years. They should have stuck with it, their whole image was much better during that period I think.

Right now the only stations using it are WRIC and KENS.

I love Interceptor, too. One of the things I thought about was why Belo couldn't had 615 make Interceptor with the Spirit (WFAA) musical signature. I think it would have been nicer than to have 615 create Propulsion. I will say that Propulsion is a good package, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived