Chuck Scarborough and Shiba Russell mark one year anchoring together at WNBC

PIXfan

I guess I should give her more time but for now, you can tell Chuck is having a hard time working with her. She comes across as totally cold and lacking any personality and an always angry look on her face. If Chuck leaves, they really have a problem. Whats worse is the article makes it sound like WNBC would be all too happy to drop Chuck and his salary as fast as they with Sue.

I know people don't like Shiba, but she is a decent anchor. WNBC is doing the right thing of phasing out Sue and Chuck. We all knew they could not last forever (it would have been nice though). The New York people seem to just now getting use to her. Chuck is as good as gone by the end of 2014 or the beginning of 2015. Both Tom and Gus Rosendale are the front runners of replacing Chuck and until that happens, Shiba and Chuck would anchor together. And also Chuck does like Shiba, she is a breath of fresh air and he enjoy her company.

I think in response to the article regarding why she's off so much, Shiba posted on her twitter account yesterday (with pictures) mentioning she was summoned for jury duty, but apparently not selected.

I don't see anything wrong with Chuck. It seems like everyone here and the person who wrote the article seems to dislike him. I think he brings credibility and steadiness to the newscasts he anchors. He's still very sharp and is good at what he does. On the note the article makes about him to be all about business and not wanting to laugh with those he anchors with, the same can be said about Bill Ritter and Muarice DuBois. They seem to have stiff personalities as well.

They should have let Sue and Chuck anchor together for the 3 more years, while groom Shiba and Tom giving them more responsibilities leading up to the transition. The way they handled it was terrible. I don't think it was fair for all parties involved, including Shiba with all the backlash on her replacing an icon. It just seems WNBC thought that changing anchors would increase ratings, I don't know how they came to that conclusion (look at WCBS years before with constant anchor changes). I think what propelled WCBS to #1/2 status was its lead-ins from CBS prime time in the evenings and the popular Judge Judy at 5pm. The article fails to mention that component and how NBC is mostly the last in network ratings for the 10pm slot or how the team of Tom/Shiba at 5pm fails to garner ratings as well.

Here's an idea: Just totally shut down WNBC's news department!

I hope that's a joke.

In fact, I'm going to assume it's a joke. We're not talking about a CW affiliate in a mid-sized Midwestern market. This is the flagship station of one of the country's major networks. The newscast would have to register hashmarks and it still wouldn't be shut down. It makes no financial, logical or actual sense whatsoever.

I hope that's a joke.

In fact, I'm going to assume it's a joke. We're not talking about a CW affiliate in a mid-sized Midwestern market. This is the flagship station of one of the country's major networks. The newscast would have to register hashmarks and it still wouldn't be shut down. It makes no financial, logical or actual sense whatsoever.

I'm only half joking, and even then it was more sarcastic than anything. WNBC has been in the shitter now for years and NBC itself doesn't really seem to care. Now I may be wrong, but based off of everything I've heard about all the NBC O&O's, WNBC and WTVJ have been the worst off now for a while.

And hell, St. Louis basically doesn't have an ABC affiliate, I almost don't see very much of a difference.

I think in response to the article regarding why she's off so much, Shiba posted on her twitter account yesterday (with pictures) mentioning she was summoned for jury duty, but apparently not selected.

Why should someone who is so visibly public even be summoned for jury duty? I would imagine they would state that, "I work in television news, therefore it makes absolutely no sense for me to be selected to serve on the jury of a case that could possibly last weeks. Plus, once we come up with a decision, my reputation and image could easily be damaged forever."

I maybe old, but did anyone see this article? Sue basically says when Chuck leaves that David Ushery should get the job. It's a very interesting article. Again. I don't know If it's been posted before. http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/wnbc-anchor-sue-simmons-candid-rare-interview-came-within-two-weeks-of-wheelchair_b75600

I maybe old, but did anyone see this article? Sue basically says when Chuck leaves that David Ushery should get the job. It's a very interesting article. Again. I don't know If it's been posted before. http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/wnbc-anchor-sue-simmons-candid-rare-interview-came-within-two-weeks-of-wheelchair_b75600

I did read that and she also said while she thinks David ushery should get it thats it's going to be Gus Rosendale...While Gus Rosendale is a great anchor and I think he should be on during the week or weekend as a regular anchor as of now it dosent seem like he is being groomed for the job but we still have a couple of years until Chuck leaves for Gus to anchor more.

I don't see anything wrong with Chuck. It seems like everyone here and the person who wrote the article seems to dislike him. I think he brings credibility and steadiness to the newscasts he anchors. He's still very sharp and is good at what he does. On the note the article makes about him to be all about business and not wanting to laugh with those he anchors with, the same can be said about Bill Ritter and Muarice DuBois. They seem to have stiff personalities as well.

While I would agree that Chuck and Maurice are a little more formal in their presentation, to say Bill Ritter is "all business" is a total mischaracterization. Serious when it's called for, certainly, but not above lightening the mood, esp. with Liz Cho and Lee Goldberg.

Archived