NYC Stations Fall 2013 Schedules

BehindNYNews

http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2013/08/new-york-city-local-stations-fall-2013.html?m=1

WABC: Scrubs at 1:30am weekdays and 2am Saturdays being replaced with rotating series from the Live Well Network.

WCBS: Replacing The Doctors at 9am with Queen Latifa.

WNBC: Nothing new but as of now putting repeats of Steve Harvey at 2pm

Other major changes in link.

WABC had Scrubs at 1:30 in the morning??? Dafuq is that all about? Please tell me they have an 11pm rebroadcast at 1am!

They'd had it since the Oprah repeats ended, two years ago. They had to fill-in that 1am hour with that and the Millionaire repeat. Where you've been? Their EWN 11pm repeat airs at 2:07am.

When I found out they would air that show two years ago, I find it stupid as well.

Chicago, being pissed off that Katie Frickin' Couric is on at 1:07am.

Same here, Same here.

Unrelated to this, I wished they can get rid of that Katie Couric repeat at 1:07am and reinstate the 10pm rebroadcast. I don't think Couric has enough numbers on its main airing to deserve a late night repeat. Let it air on late night, only if there's a pre-emption like a breaking news story or a college football game that airs during the holidays.

Arsenio Hall, which airs late nights, will be on WPIX-11 at 11pm.

Looks like the Seinfeld reruns are getting split up (1 at 6:30PM and another at Midnight)

Here in St. Louis, KTVI is airing Arsenio an hour later than most stations at 11 PM. Surprised that KPLR isn't airing this since it's a Tribune station.

And lets not forget, KTVI airs news on at 10pm. So the show is on the better station, of the two. But would've been more wise for KTVI to air Arsenio after the news @ 10:35pm? And the news would be a better lead-in for Arsenio, than TMZ (even if its first-run (TMZ i'm talking about)) They can air TMZ afterwards at 11:35pm, or move it to KPLR. After all, most stations are airing Arsenio after the news.

Chicago, being pissed off that Katie Frickin' Couric is on at 1:07am.

Katie is pulling awful numbers in most markets. She's lucky she even gets airtime on these stations.

Katie is pulling awful numbers in most markets. She's lucky she even gets airtime on these stations.

Let's clarify, the 1:07 airing is a rebroadcast of the 3pm original broadcast. This crap is on TWICE a day.

And lets not forget, KTVI airs news on at 10pm. So the show is on the better station, of the two. But would've been more wise for KTVI to air Arsenio after the news @ 10:35pm? And the news would be a better lead-in for Arsenio, than TMZ (even if its first-run (TMZ i'm talking about)) They can air TMZ afterwards at 11:35pm, or move it to KPLR. After all, most stations are airing Arsenio after the news.

WDAF is also airing it at 11:00PM so maybe it's a Local TV decision.

KDVR is even weirder. They're not airing it until 11:30.

WITI is airing Arsenio at 11:05pm (pushing Extra to 12:05am and bumping the second run of Seinfeld to 4:00am). But the real odd thing is that WMLW (!) will be airing Arsenio rebroadcasts at 5:00am(!!)

This past June's B&C article spoke many volumes. Including these two key points that hit me.

One of the quotes is reference to many other syndicated shows that have made long-term deals, to be on past the 2013-14 season.

"Everyone has their dates to the prom, or they're not going to the prom," ..... "Except one."

And Katz Television Group VP and director of programming, Bill Carroll stated this:

"When expectations don't turn out to be reality, I think that's when the questions come up, If the expectations had been met, I think there would've been a renewal by now."

We'll probably know by January if they go past Fall 2014. If they ever want to even see that point, they have to act now. But I have a feeling many folks have already thrown in the towel on Couric.

This past June's B&C article spoke many volumes. Including these two key points that hit me.

One of the quotes is reference to many other syndicated shows that have made long-term deals, to be on past the 2013-14 season.

And Katz Television Group VP and director of programming, Bill Carroll stated this:

We'll probably know by January if they go past Fall 2014. If they ever want to even see that point, they have to act now. But I have a feeling many folks have already thrown in the towel on Couric.

I wonder what face-saving move Disney/ABC will try and explain as the reason Katie is being cancelled? Katie becomes the new moderator on The View? Katie takes over This Week? If Katie gets renewed for a third season, I'll eat my shoe.

I wonder what face-saving move Disney/ABC will try and explain as the reason Katie is being cancelled? Katie becomes the new moderator on The View? Katie takes over This Week? If Katie gets renewed for a third season, I'll eat my shoe.

I can certainly Katie Couric taking over the spot that Barbara Walters hold right now- Moderator of The View and does some specials for ABC. Of course they'll spin it and say that Katie is best served in a full time capacity at ABC News. I also suspect that a reason for why they gave her show a second year had to do more with keeping her at ABC than allowing her to jump over to CNN. Plus Barbara is set to call it quits in summer of 2014...coincidental?

I can certainly Katie Couric taking over the spot that Barbara Walters hold right now- Moderator of The View and does some specials for ABC. Of course they'll spin it and say that Katie is best served in a full time capacity at ABC News. I also suspect that a reason for why they gave her show a second year had to do more with keeping her at ABC than allowing her to jump over to CNN. Plus Barbara is set to call it quits in summer of 2014...coincidental?

OMG, Couric on the View?! Really?! That would be a shark-jumping moment. To me, Couric come as being too damn nice, and too soft to be on a show like The View, even in serious moments. She wouldn't be a good fit over there. I just can't see a belly-rubber (that's what I said) like her being on a show like The View.

Archived