WINK Ft. Myers copying Look F?

Mrtraveler01

And the reason the weather graphics look the way they do is because they're left over from their old package. Guess they didn't want to get the Look F version for those.

Maybe they haven't gotten around to uploading them into the weather computer yet. Eventually they'll switch. It'll look odd if they continue to use the old graphics for weather and Look F for everything else.

Sorry it took so long but here is a 6 minute recording of WINK News that I took while I was on vacation there.

As you can see, the open is Look F style. The only thing not using Look F is the weather department.

But as I watched this, I became more convinced that they must've hired Artworks to do these because these look too good to be knockoffs.

If Artwork made this, then I feel sad for WINK. They could have probably gotten their hands on the new CBS package in the next 6 months or so. That package is so much better than this crud!

Maybe they haven't gotten around to uploading them into the weather computer yet. Eventually they'll switch. It'll look odd if they continue to use the old graphics for weather and Look F for everything else.

That's a good point.

Seems like the weather graphics are always the last to switch over when a station gets a new graphics package.

I think WINK got this package only a few weeks ago so it's probably still in transition.

If Artwork made this, then I feel sad for WINK. They could have probably gotten their hands on the new CBS package in the next 6 months or so. That package is so much better than this crud!

So that means they're going to be another KOIN/WIAT (those stations have the previous GFX for the O&Os. Should be using the new GFX as well! For KOIN's case, they should go back to the TVbD GFX WITH revised colors. That had Gotham in the L3s.) WINK using the O&O GFX? Maybe. if The Eye buys WINK (11).

From wha tI'm seeing, elements of the open (especially the logo animation) are unquestionably from Artworks Texas. The other elements look to have been made in-house using a graphics toolkit provided by NBC.

Which would make this... what, variant 4 or 5 of Look F? I can't recall a graphics package being this malleable since, well, CapCities Chrome.

• 5 months later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but after 6 months since it first starting using Look F for their newscast, WINK is finally using Look F for their weather graphics.

http://www.winknews.com/Latest-Forecast

734405_10152315984844161_564350833_n.png

Well looks like WINK-TV went from ripping off elements of Raycom gfx to ripping off NBC Artworks. Good job WINK-TV.

Read the whole thread. This pretty much is the Artworks package.

Archived