CBS 2 launches new CBS Graphics

newsmusicfan

I watched the 11am news, the new graphics are a very much needed update from the old graphics. I really like the new Enforcer package. I still think they need a new studio at WBBM, something like WCBS's. The current studio doesn't match the new package. One complaint, the facebook and website do not work when there is a full desk shot, the white on the desk blends with the white text.

It's about time. I'm really suprised that they weren't one of the first to get the package. I briefly glanced at one of the videos on CBSChicago.com and it looks pretty good.

they were the 5th to get it so it could be worse. WMAQ didn't get Look F right away, they were 4th or 5th and that is with Look A as their previous package.

they were the 5th to get it so it could be worse. WMAQ didn't get Look F right away, they were 4th or 5th and that is with Look A as their previous package.

And it was nearly 3 months after KCBS and WCBS debuted in 2010 that WBBM picked up that package, versus just one month this time.

So I came here and find out that CBS2 has launched the new graphics. I didn't get a chance to watch their 11:00am newscast, so I will try to catch the 5:00pm newscast on CBS2 to check out their new graphics. Their logo where the "2" is located on the right side of the CBS Eye logo is not gold, but in the color of silver. Also, no more HD part in the station logo.

As much as I love the new cuts, they need to tone down the bumpers. The already soft-spoken Harry Porterfield couldn't be heard at 11 when throwing to commercial. Even Rob and Kate had to shout to introduce the newscast at the top of the 5pm show.

So I came here and find out that CBS2 has launched the new graphics. I didn't get a chance to watch their 11:00am newscast, so I will try to catch the 5:00pm newscast on CBS2 to check out their new graphics. Their logo where the "2" is located on the right side of the CBS Eye logo is not gold, but in the color of silver. Also, no more HD part in the station logo.

On the mics, 'HD' part is still present. Overall, the new package is okay, but there really isn't much of a a wow factor. Just a lot of plainness

On the mics, 'HD' part is still present. Overall, the new package is okay, but there really isn't much of a a wow factor. Just a lot of plainness

Couldn't agree more! I don't get it, I loved everything I saw on here when the launch began last month. But the thrill is definitely gone for me now that WBBM has begun using it. Why is that?! Is 'BBM doing something wrong? Is it the set?

One thing's for sure, I HATE the bug! It doesn't even look like their logo, the box is too thick & whatever silvery, shimmery effect they have on it makes the '2' look too fat. Even when the logo's big in some promotional stuff, it looks weird. The eye and the 2 are too far apart, the pupil/eyeball is too small (wrong CBS logo) and once again, the box is too thick. The old bug was so much better and all it was was a solid, flat, white logo. But it was so much cleaner and sharper, and most importantly - accurate. Can they please just go back to the old one? Afterall, their new in-program bug is basically the old one without the HD flag. (And they still need to move that one the hell over to the left)

Some of it is nice, but yes, hardly any wow factor at all, and so much plain blue. Dare I say it and I can't believe I'm saying it, but I think I liked the old package better :O At least in WBBM's case. Once again, it just seemed cleaner & sharper - even with boring old Arial. I QUIT!

I found a YouTube video of the open (bad quality though),

. I hope soon there will be a nice open posted. Anyways, a custom feature I guess is the box animation around the CBS 2 logo, and its alright, especially with the fully sliver 2, compared to KCBS and WCBS. Its alright, and I see that every O&O has a custom "touch" to it, as opposed to the old package with the "-HD" and same style for each, and I like that.

Archived