Maria Bartiromo heading to Fox Business

JoseRM303

Jesus. CNBC has perhaps just collapsed into a void of nothingness with this news. Was she miserable at CNBC? Mistreated? Did FBN offer her more money/a better position?

FBN will be making some serious gains on CNBC now. They're a mess.

FBN still has some carriage issues compared to CNBC (they're on the higher tier cable package compared to CNBC where I live).

Still, I can't tell the difference between the two anymore, they both seem to be injecting more politics into their financial coverage compared to what I used to remember and they're both pretty unwatchable because of it.

Bloomberg is my choice if I wanted to watch the stock markets for whatever reason and they're on even less providers than FBN.

FBN still has some carriage issues compared to CNBC (they're on the higher tier cable package compared to CNBC where I live).

Still, I can't tell the difference between the two anymore, they both seem to be injecting more politics into their financial coverage compared to what I used to remember and they're both pretty unwatchable because of it.

Bloomberg is my choice if I wanted to watch the stock markets for whatever reason and they're on even less providers than FBN.

Politicizing news is Roger Ailes' M.O. CNBC knows that FBN is becoming a serious threat to poaching away their viewers (and talent), so they should hang on dearly to the remaining top-tier talent.

So, what happens to Bartiromo's weekly syndicated show? Is she taking that to FOX's syndication division as well?

Politicizing news is Roger Ailes' M.O. CNBC knows that FBN is becoming a serious threat to poaching away their viewers (and talent), so they should hang on dearly to the remaining top-tier talent.

So, what happens to Bartiromo's weekly syndicated show? Is she taking that to FOX's syndication division as well?

That ended several months ago (I think). I'm not sure whether that ending led to her exit, or they ended it with the knowledge that she would be leaving.

Interestingly enough, "On The Money's" original title, the "Wall Street Journal Weekly Report" was a holdover from Dow Jones' multiyear content-sharing agreement with CNBC; News Corp. had to honor the remainder of that contract in spite of buying Dow Jones and launching FBN.

• 1 month later...

Archived