Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

Who's on the desk these few days? I know Lara's out, but is he alongside Amy or Robin? I like him better with Amy, but I've never noticed any coldness with anyone else. Maybe he's just got some other stuff bothering him.

He's been with Robin this week while George is away. Amy, Ginger and Jesse have been there this week as well.

Also I don't think David is cold, I just don't think his personality or presenting style is morning tv. I honesty don't enjoy him on the evening program much either, he just seems to be much better when he's in the field.

• Like 4

I mean, I haven't watched GMA with any regularity since they debuted those god-awful graphics and updated set (yes, it's that bad, to me), but I could better tell you who does what and when on ABC compared to the Today show. Heck, I don't think those anchors could tell you who's in or out and during what hour.

To my knowledge, George and Robin anchor, with David, Lara and Amy (taking turns within any given week) as subs, with the latter getting more desk time than a year ago. That said, her news anchor duties have been diminished to pretty much the 8am TOTH (does she still do it at 7?). While it changes next month, Michael has been on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and Jesse on the other days. And finally, last I knew, the show has returned to focusing on the 2 leads to start the show, even though the profiles of some supporting characters have increased.

• Like 2

He's been with Robin this week while George is away. Amy, Ginger and Jesse have been there this week as well.

Also I don't think David is cold, I just don't think his personality or presenting style is morning tv. I honesty don't enjoy him on the evening program much either, he just seems to be much better when he's in the field.

Perosnaly, i'd like to see George do both GMA and WNT. He seems better suited to do both, unlike David.

• Like 1

I mean, I haven't watched GMA with any regularity since they debuted those god-awful graphics and updated set (yes, it's that bad, to me), but I could better tell you who does what and when on ABC compared to the Today show. Heck, I don't think those anchors could tell you who's in or out and during what hour.

To my knowledge, George and Robin anchor, with David, Lara and Amy (taking turns within any given week) as subs, with the latter getting more desk time than a year ago. That said, her news anchor duties have been diminished to pretty much the 8am TOTH (does she still do it at 7?). While it changes next month, Michael has been on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and Jesse on the other days. And finally, last I knew, the show has returned to focusing on the 2 leads to start the show, even though the profiles of some supporting characters have increased.

Amy does briefly read headlines during the first half hour and again at 8am, she also does a lot of segments in the last half hour. To my point about being confused on who does what, the main presenters are fairly obvious but I was alluding to them often having TJ Holmes, Sara Haines and Mara S. provide reports then hang around the show for the rest of the program. On even given day one could easily assume that TJ or Sara Haines were one of the main presenters of GMA. It's just too many people crammed into that tiny studio. I think they ensemble cast worked so well for them back in 2012 that they've expanded on that idea and brought way too many people into the fold. Sorry to go on a rant about it but it's pretty annoying and uncomfortable to watch when they do this because it's as if those talents are there without any real purpose. Then they're bringing Michael into the fold full time September which is going to be awful. That's nearly 10 "primary" presenters on a daily basis for a two hour program.

Totally agree about the Today Show though, they've got way too many people as well but they also benefit from having 4 hours to spread personalities over. CBS This Morning captures the essence of what made me love morning TV of the 80's, 90's where Charlie and Joan or Jane and Bryant led their respective programs and there was no overwhelming factor of too many faces on any given day hosting segments.

CBS This Morning captures the essence of what made me love morning TV of the 80's, 90's where Charlie and Joan or Jane and Bryant led their respective programs and there was no overwhelming factor of too many faces on any given day hosting segments.

Oh, I agree. GMA did catch a little lightning in a bottle with their 2011-13 crew, but this guy was raised on Charlie, Diane, Robin, and Tony. Simpler, better times.

• Like 2

Oh, I agree. GMA did catch a little lightning in a bottle with their 2011-13 crew, but this guy was raised on Charlie, Diane, Robin, and Tony. Simpler, better times.

Oh boy weren't those the days? Never took the top spot from NBC but in my eyes these 4 together were GMA's glory days mostly because I really started watching during this time.

tumblr_mry2drIhBm1sctglyo1_500.jpg

Oh gosh, this team.

I spent my mornings before school (elementary school) with them. Charlie & Diane were like a married couple (the mom and dad) as the co-anchors. Robin was the cool aunt you wish you had while doing more then just reading the news. And Tony was more than the meteorologist; he was like an honorary uncle.

This team (and their era by extension) was like a second family to me (and by extension, us), and you can really tell from the chemistry with each other and with us the viewers. I wish they were #1.

(yeah, I know it's cheesy)

• Like 5

Oh boy weren't those the days? Never took the top spot from NBC but in my eyes these 4 together were GMA's glory days mostly because I really started watching during this time.

tumblr_mry2drIhBm1sctglyo1_500.jpg

Ah, the glory days of GMA and ABC News, before the former started pandering to the younger audience and the latter started getting tabloid.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say because of the studio audience it's likely that whatever they're unveiling will be on the second floor.

Would be nice if they did a complete overhaul of the set, I would like to see everything changed from the layout to the design of the first floor studio. They haven't done anything to it other than refreshes for about 5 years now.

When watching over the past few weeks I've noticed that there is some kind of construction work happening outside the studio as there is scaffolding surrounding the famous Times Square Studio ribbons on the building. Anyone else picked up on that?

When watching over the past few weeks I've noticed that there is some kind of construction work happening outside the studio as there is scaffolding surrounding the famous Times Square Studio ribbons on the building. Anyone else picked up on that?

I have. For the past several months.

During their "40 For 40" livestream event, one of the producers (not sure which occupation) revealed that the ribbons are getting revamped as so they'll stretch ro down the street the Studios are on.

In fact, I mentioned this several pages back on this thread. No one picked on that.

• Like 4

I have. For the past several months.

During their "40 For 40" livestream event, one of the producers (not sure which occupation) revealed that the ribbons are getting revamped as so they'll stretch ro down the street the Studios are on.

In fact, I mentioned this several pages back on this thread. No one picked on that.

I remember you mentioning that! I had been wondering if they still planned on doing that or not... Sounds like they are.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/good-morning-america-michael-strahan-live-audience-1201846717/

ABC is set to launch a new era at its flagship morning program as it seeks to differentiate itself from rivals and grapples with viewership declines. When Michael Strahan, the seemingly ubiquitous talk-show host and sports commentator, joins “GMA” full time on September 6th, the program will add a live audience to its last half hour and also potentially use some of its hosts in new ways.

Starting next Thursday during the last half hour of the program, “GMA” hosts will move to a new set that has been constructed on the second floor of the show’s Times Square studio, and interact with approximately 100 audience members. The format will allow “GMA” hosts like Lara Spencer, Strahan and others to interact with a crowd, and create a more energetic atmosphere, said Corn. “With an audience, it’s a lot looser in terms of how we can use our anchors."