CBS 2 News at 7:00?

NYNewsCoverage

While looking at tvguide, I found that CBS 2 News this evening will be running at 6:00 for a half hour, breaking for the evening news at 6:30, and then coming back for a half hour edition of CBS 2 News at 7:00 PM. Maybe they know that the basketball game will run late and decided to have the news at 7 instead of running an Entertainment Tonight rerun. I know WABC does this sometimes. I think this is a good idea if there will be a sports game at 6:00. Most people would probably agree that the news is much more important than ET, so I hope they keep this setup. We'll just have to see what happens.

While looking at tvguide, I found that CBS 2 News this evening will be running at 6:00 for a half hour, breaking for the evening news at 6:30, and then coming back for a half hour edition of CBS 2 News at 7:00 PM. Maybe they know that the basketball game will run late and decided to have the news at 7 instead of running an Entertainment Tonight rerun. I know WABC does this sometimes. I think this is a good idea if there will be a sports game at 6:00. Most people would probably agree that the news is much more important than ET, so I hope they keep this setup. We'll just have to see what happens.

Update: They ran the 6:00 newscast on time and in its entirety. I wonder why they are doing this.

Archived