MLB 2014 season graphics

A3N

FOX Sports San Diego debuted the new MLB on FOX Graphics (pics below). The scorebox (FOXbox) has moved to the bottom left hand corner, and is more plain (not a fan) although it is much cleaner.

capture_20140329_131503_zps092e8406.jpg

capture_20140329_131527_zps14e7e732.jpg

capture_20140329_132323_zps124cf267.jpg

capture_20140329_132655_zpse90ae773.jpg

capture_20140329_132803_zpsd3da46c9.jpg

capture_20140329_132706_zps09d52abf.jpg

capture_20140329_132750_zpsc29c2a66.jpg

capture_20140329_132814_zps1af317fe.jpg

capture_20140329_132930_zpsf61141ae.jpg

I want to like I really do... But I not a fan of them not for the placement but for blandness of it. It just looks bad as in Let's go the opposite of loud and flashy to tone it down as possible. A little bit of color can do wonders for this package, but this version I'm not liking the sheer amount of blue and blandness here.

I want to like I really do... But I not a fan of them not for the placement but for blandness of it. It just looks bad as in Let's go the opposite of loud and flashy to tone it down as possible. A little bit of color can do wonders for this package, but this version I'm not liking the sheer amount of blue and blandness here.

These two teams are pretty blue, though...

I would prefer the use of red for the Indians instead of blue

These two teams are pretty blue, though...

I would prefer the use of red for the Indians instead of blue

In the last version of the box, they were in blue, but a different shade to match their respective team colors. This blue matches the rest of graphics. I hope they do some tweaking because the rest of the graphics look really good, especially the transition graphics and full screens. I also miss the team logos in the fox box. Not bad overall, it just needs some tweaking to get rid of the blandness.

Okay, looking at this picture from the Fox graphics thread, my 20/20 vision has determined that they are using different shades of blue for each team, though it is incredibly hard to tell at first...

gjCeNMd.jpg

The Dodgers are now on Sportnet LA (run by Time Warner Cable Sportsnet). They had an exhibition game between the Dodgers and the Angels when the earthquake happened there yesterday but it gives you a peek at what the graphics look like.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v31704929/laalad-freeway-series-rattled-by-earthquake-tremors

I begin wondering; will YES be forced to use this cause Fox is majority owner now, or will they pull a BTN and give it a package with technical similarities, but otherwise different?

I assume New York gets special treatment kind of like how SNY gets to keep their own graphics instead of using the CSN ones.

Here is a pic of the end of the open. These industrial look/beams were used in promos a few years ago for the all star game, and it looks like they brought them into the graphics fold permanently.

FSSDopen_zpsa19cb38b.png

Here is the SportsNet LA look, very nice and clean IMO:

SNLA1_zps88a13fef.png

SNLA2_zpsc1c75867.png

SNLA4_zpsef871590.png

SNLA3_zps47a571cb.png

Here is a pic of the end of the open. These industrial look/beams were used in promos a few years ago for the all star game, and it looks like they brought them into the graphics fold permanently.

FSSDopen_zpsa19cb38b.png

Here is the SportsNet LA look, very nice and clean IMO:

SNLA1_zps88a13fef.png

SNLA2_zpsc1c75867.png

SNLA4_zpsef871590.png

SNLA3_zps47a571cb.png

I really like the Sportsnet LA ones. I wonder who made that package.

I guess fs san Diego is the test bed as fs southwest still had the older gfxs as of last night

Still think rogers Sportsnet has the best graphics for regional sns

Their L3's are still meh. I'm hoping for an update on Opening Day (or when they start doing national NHL this fall)

With SNB starting tonight, what are the chances we see new ESPN graphics, since they're almost 4 years old and the only change was from 2010 to 2011? I wonder if they adopt the new, dark gray look of MNF and the NBA, I really like those. They need an update, badly, especially since they have a Wild Card game this year.

As for FOX, I think adding team logos just to the left of the city and having team specific colors for box with the abbreviations would do wonders for the box. FOX did a complete 180, going from the most in-your-face graphics to the most bland, and they're trying to go too basic on the FOXBox, but the L3s are great, I will give them credit for that, but sometimes I feel the graphics belong on a Madden game.

Baseball Tonight's graphics seem different; they seem to be taking elements from the Monday Night Countdown graphics. Oh, and lots of fences and girders.

edit: Aww; looks like no change so far. They pulled a repeat of what they did for college football: update everything but the actual in-game graphics.

With SNB starting tonight, what are the chances we see new ESPN graphics, since they're almost 4 years old and the only change was from 2010 to 2011? I wonder if they adopt the new, dark gray look of MNF and the NBA, I really like those. They need an update, badly, especially since they have a Wild Card game this year.

As for FOX, I think adding team logos just to the left of the city and having team specific colors for box with the abbreviations would do wonders for the box. FOX did a complete 180, going from the most in-your-face graphics to the most bland, and they're trying to go too basic on the FOXBox, but the L3s are great, I will give them credit for that, but sometimes I feel the graphics belong on a Madden game.

Maybe they'll change after they debut the new SportsCenter set.

No change at Sportsnet (Blue Jays), though they did update the intro. The 3D graphics they had for certain things (i.e. starting orders and the like) are back and still look way better than anything else.

But they're still using these ugly, boxy, black and silver L3's that do not fit the design direction they've been going in at all; there's been a newer dark grey/blue ticker adapted from Sportsnet 360 lately, and similarly styled topic graphics for segments in pre-game/news shows (kinda like ESPN's "banners", and a completely different scoreboard since last year (the old one was based more off this black/silver L3)

No change at Sportsnet (Blue Jays), though they did update the intro. The 3D graphics they had for certain things (i.e. starting orders and the like) are back and still look way better than anything else.

But they're still using these ugly, boxy, black and silver L3's that do not fit the design direction they've been going in at all; there's been a newer dark grey/blue ticker adapted from Sportsnet 360 lately, and similarly styled topic graphics for segments in pre-game/news shows (kinda like ESPN's "banners", and a completely different scoreboard since last year (the old one was based more off this black/silver L3)

I think you were right earlier in that they're waiting until the new NHL season starts before they unveil their new package. Especially considering that it will be their first year of the exclusive national rights.

I think you were right earlier in that they're waiting until the new NHL season starts before they unveil their new package. Especially considering that it will be their first year of the exclusive national rights.

Though, I do recall Sportsnet waiting for the home opener before shifting to what was probably best look behind what they're hopefully evolving towards right now

sQvDrd0.jpg

This could have been perfect had they slapped team logos/colors into it.

Meanwhile, Sportsnet's game production conked out, so now Canada gets to see what Fox has done. My dad doesn't mind it...

Alright has seen it in action with The STO broadcast now. It doesn't look half bad with team color. Indians are primarily blue in the FOX graphics, but my big complaints of blandness are still there, but also I got to remember that they are getting US Open next year so that probably played a major reason for graphics change.

Archived