Local programming and Thursday Night Football

bostonmediaguy

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Former Member 207

You're probably see the Pacific CBS stations do a post-game show, since the games are scheduled to end by 8:30, and those stations will be on their own for the remainder of primetime. KCBS here in Los Angeles will sometimes do a post-game show following a Chargers or preseason network telecast (they did one this past Friday night, for example), and if CBS doesn't have filler primetime programming for its West Coast stations (for instance, a 48 Hours episode), I could see it happening. Another scenario could also have CBS do its own postgame to fill-out the hour before sending the stations to local programming (NBC does this for Sunday Night Football).

Guest Former Member 207

One would think they might get fed 'Evening News' at some point after the game, no?

Probably not...usually if CBS airs an event live at 5pm Pacific (or within that hour), a lot of the West Coast stations would air the Evening News as a lead-in at 4:30, or take it live at 3:30.

I'll be honest, that seems to be a really stupid idea. If it's the current precedent, fine, but as an Easterner, that arrangement's weird, having it so early.

I always thought you were a Centraler! I doubt CBS will give filler program as it will not be seen on the east coast (game will run 8-11). They should fill it with displaced programming. So, for KCBS:

8: CBS 2 News [at 5] special edition

9: CBS 2 News [at 6] special edition

9:30: CBS Evening News

10: Insider

10:30: Entertainment Tonight

They could also air news at 4pm and send Judge Judy into primetime.

Archived