WGN Morning Team Members Getting Hitched

24994J

Nope, not a joke. Early anchor/traffic reporter Erin McElroy and meteorologist Demetrius Ivory announced to co-workers their intentions. Good luck to the couple, but hopefully things don't become weird on the show.

http://www.robertfeder.com/2014/08/11/wgns-mcelroy-and-ivory-team-up/#more-4528

Not too surprised by this. The real question is whether one of them moves to another newscasts. Once they start a family, I doubt they could make it work with them both working the AM shift.

I guess this could be compared to WCBS, who had Rob Morrison and Ashley Morrison on the same set doing reports together (and we all know how that turned out), but this is the news anchor and METEOROLOGIST. The morning meteorologist is on like every 10 minutes. I could see this getting a little awkward. But then again I don't live in Chicago and I don't know the talent at WGN, so I shouldn't really care.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nope, not a joke. Early anchor/traffic reporter Erin McElroy and meteorologist Demetrius Ivory announced to co-workers their intentions. Good luck to the couple, but hopefully things don't become weird on the show.

http://www.robertfeder.com/2014/08/11/wgns-mcelroy-and-ivory-team-up/#more-4528

You do know we're talking about WGN Morning News right? ;)

"Weird" is what makes it the #1 morning show in Chicago. I'm sure they'll find some way to talk about it.

Congrats to them! I don't know if it would be awkward for people watching but, I think it would be awkward for me if I was on TV with my wife. But, what do I know? I'm only 13. And how is WGN #1 in the morning in Chicago? I thought everyone hated WGN and ABC 7 was #1.

Archived