Breaking: Tom Llamas Exiting WNBC

NYNewsCoverage

This is so confusing I don't even think WNBC knows what the heck they're doing.

I'm sure that they are testing out different combinations of anchor pairings in preparation for November sweeps. Either way, I don't think that Shiba will be in the anchor seat for much longer. WNBC may want to settle on a male anchor before they remove Shiba from the desk.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure that they are testing out different combinations of anchor pairings in preparation for November sweeps. Either way, I don't think that Shiba will be in the anchor seat for much longer. WNBC may want to settle on a male anchor before they remove Shiba from the desk.

I think they are testing which male anchor works better with Shiba Rob or David. I doubt they are gonna demote Shiba from the anchor desk. Look how quickly she was promoted from being a weekend anchor/weeknight reporter to being a weekday anchor. Yes Shiba did get the 11 pm slot a year after her arrival, and yes she was taken off the 11 pm shift nearly 2 years after being named 11 pm anchor, however she was just given back her old noon shift she wasn't demoted back to weekends like David was or taken off the desk entirely like Linda was.

I think they are testing which male anchor works better with Shiba Rob or David. I doubt they are gonna demote Shiba from the anchor desk. Look how quickly she was promoted from being a weekend anchor/weeknight reporter to being a weekday anchor. Yes Shiba did get the 11 pm slot a year after her arrival, and yes she was taken off the 11 pm shift nearly 2 years after being named 11 pm anchor, however she was just given back her old noon shift she wasn't demoted back to weekends like David was or taken off the desk entirely like Linda was.

Well, they are not going to wait for the ratings to get any worse. She's been given several opportunities on different newscasts, and the numbers don't pick up. They put her in an unfortunate spot that made it seem like she pushed Sue out, but even then they gave her an opportunity and things were not good. I'm not saying that Shiba is the problem at WNBC, but it's clear that she is not the solution to their ratings woes. Also, if any more changes are made, they'll most likely come after November sweeps.

I don't think the ratings have been that good lately for the 5pm newscast but I heard that 6pm and 11pm with Chuck and Sibila have been good...I think A3N is right, with Tom's sudden departure I think they are looking to blow up the 5pm and have a completely new team with even possibly an outside anchor coming in before November sweeps.....I wouldn't put it pass them to demote Shiba...they've done several times now.

Funny that you say that. Since the change I've found myself watching them more at 5pm.. I like it. I guess I'm in the minority.

I've always liked the 5 pm on WNBC thought Shiba & Tom were a great team...I continue to watch WNBC at 5 but ugh just hate this split anchor operation. If their trying to boost ratings with having Chuck & Sibila anchor it, why don't they just give them the full 5 pm hour and move Shiba to anchoring at 6?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived