Charlie Rose to anchor 'CBS Evening News' (9/2/14)

24994J

Tonight's the night. The title says it all. It's his first time at helm of the nighttime chair since he joined the network full-time nearly 3 years ago. So, tune it, check it out, because it might not happen again.

I wonder if they're doing this because tonight is David Muir's first night on World News Tonight. Just a thought......

You're on to their plan. They're gunning for the demo tonight with someone who's 32 years older than the new kid.

40734d1377897600-free-lolcat-generator-2-easy-image.jpg

Uggh..I WON'T be watching. I greatly dislike Charlie Rose. I mean ,he may be a nice guy and all. but I can't stand his anchoring style. I'm not a big fan of Scott Pelley either, but Charlie Rose is even worse. I'm honestly hoping, IF Scott Pelley ever decides to step down one day, that Maurice Dubois gets the big promotion. He seems really comfortable there and is a very good anchor. He deserves the promotion. Anyway, that's my opinion on Charlie Rose. He's hard to watch.

I'm looking forward to it. "Charlie Rose: The Week" is required viewing for me and the no-BS approach is a godsend. Then again, that's the PBS program approach, but hopefully some of that shines through in his delivery tonight.

I preferred Bob Schieffer to Scott Pelley and hopefully if this goes well, Rose is called back to fill in again.

Then again, this is likely just a counter-programming stunt.

I was a bit skeptical when Charlie was named co-anchor of CBS This Morning. I thought he was too dry, and a bit old for a morning program, but I was wrong. He works well with Norah and Gayle and let's loose when needs be. He's been a pleasant surprise, to say the least. I'll be watching tonight.

Maurice DuBios I can see replacing Scott in the next few years. Bob and Charlie I presume won't due to there age. I can see them retiring along with Charles Osgood in the next few years. Then we can try to figure out who might replace them tho if I had to guess I can see Anthony Mason replacing Charlie, Nora O'Donnell replacing Bob and Jane Pauley replacing Charles when the time comes. I suppose it's also possible Maurice replaces Charlie and James Brown replaces Scott. We shall see.

Archived