Big 4 network affiliates airing infomercials during weekday daytime

mvcg66b3r

From ftballfan on radiodiscussions.com:

In Traverse City-Cadillac:

[ABC affiliate WGTU] used to air the 700 Club for years and years.

CBS affiliate WWTV and FOX affiliate WFQX each air paid programming during the day (and have for years; for example, I can always remember WWTV having paid programming in the 10am hour).

The 700 Club now airs on WFQX at 10am. Also, NBC affiliate WPBN airs an infomercial at 12:30pm.

The largest city I can think of where this happens is Pittsburgh, where FOX affiliate WPGH airs infomercials at 9am and 9:30am.

Any other examples of this?

From ftballfan on radiodiscussions.com:

The 700 Club now airs on WFQX at 10am. Also, NBC affiliate WPBN airs an infomercial at 12:30pm.

The largest city I can think of where this happens is Pittsburgh, where FOX affiliate WPGH airs infomercials at 9am and 9:30am.

Any other examples of this?

WBTV has on and off between 9 and 10 am if they do not have enough syndicated programming. Most recently they did at 9 am before Millionaire. They moved Millionaire from 7:30 pm to 9:30 am and America Now from 9 and 9:30 am to 7:30 pm several months back. Now Millionaire is on WAXN and America Now is cancelled. It's quite annoying that they air so many infomercials.They are a heritage CBS station that could do a LOT better with that.

WKYC used to at 12:30 between Live on Lakeside and Days of Our Lives. According to TitanTV, they seem to be using the time now to air the NBCKids E/I block.

A large-market "traditional three" affiliate airing E/I on weekdays? That's strange. I thought KTVU (not "traditional three" but powerhouse FOX affiliate) was crazy scheduling theirs weekdays after the Noon news.

As for another large market "traditional three" station that is known for infomercials and low-budget syndication on weekdays is WNCN in Raleigh-Durham. It appears they dropped the daytime infomercials...for now. There are also a number of "traditional three" stations, mainly in the south, that carry "The 700 Club" Monday through Friday.

A large-market "traditional three" affiliate airing E/I on weekdays? That's strange. I thought KTVU (not "traditional three" but powerhouse FOX affiliate) was crazy scheduling theirs weekdays after the Noon news.

WKYC has aired E/I at 12:30pm if NBC sports programming cuts into the weekend daytime hours (the Olympics or certain golf tournaments).

It's really because the E/I rule forces the placement of such programming for three hours a week after 7am, no matter what. Thank you so much, FCC. /s

WKYC has aired E/I at 12:30pm if NBC sports programming cuts into the weekend daytime hours (the Olympics or certain golf tournaments).

It's really because the E/I rule forces the placement of such programming for three hours a week after 7am, no matter what. Thank you so much, FCC. /s

The Weekdays at 12:30 E/I might stay that way for quite some time due to Premier League on Saturdays and a Browns pre-game show on Sundays plus WKYC expanded its morning newscasts to insane levels.

WWBT used to air infomercials weekdays at 12:30pm after the news until "America Now" debuted a few years ago. Now "Fix It & Finish It" is in that time slot. WRLH currently airs E/I programming at 8:30am after "Morning Marketplace". I remember WTVR aired informercials in the morning sometime in the early 2000's.

Archived