KTUU Gets New Set & Graphics

Big Country News

Those graphics looked fine with WISH used them and I tolerated KSTP copying them, but so many other stations have used this package that it became tired and stale quick.

I left there a few years ago, so I have no idea what the thought behind them was. But if I had to guess - those subtle color flares in the open look a lot like the Northern Lights. Very Alaska. And no one watching is going to go "those were used on other stations years ago."

Just imagine Hawaii.

Just think of what Blackwalnut had to go through to get set pieces to Russia for NBC's Olympics coverage.

Set's nice, but FX seriously needs to learn some new tricks when it comes to duratrans. Are those colors even going to be used in the new graphics?? Probably not...

Just think of what Blackwalnut had to go through to get set pieces to Russia for NBC's Olympics coverage.

Set's nice, but FX seriously needs to learn some new tricks when it comes to duratrans. Are those colors even going to be used in the new graphics?? Probably not...

Think they own a Super Guppy?

Thank goodness they decided to use Tower V5. That basically saved the entire open. Otherwise I'd be saying "meh". But I do have to say that about the set, stale and cookie cutter. KTVA blows them out of the water still presentation wise. Now if KYUR will update themselves Anchorage will be set.

who is the v/o talent for that open??? I like it.

-- Matt

Don Ordean (sp?) He's a local guy and has done KTUU's VO for 30+ years.

[yt]XItPsIDTqt8[/yt]

[yt]kZaImVjFh-c[/yt]

[yt]xaZjbbOrcrM[/yt]

EDIT: Found more videos I had buried in the interwebz...

They set looks good for the market and region. I like the new opening and how someone mentioned the northern lights.

The only thing that looked off to me was the peacock. I liked it's animation but the colors just looked a bit to tael for my tastes.

Archived