Groundbreaking for 6abc's New Home

radioinactive

CBS's O&O Division's main objective must be to make polished turds for newscasts and not actually improve the personnel and the delivery of the news (see also New York and Chicago board).

Atleast WCBS improved in the time frame of April 14, 2006 - June 20, 2007 yet they managed to screw it up.

That's because Peter Dunn changes his mind more than woman at a shoe store.

CBS's O&O Division's main objective must be to make polished turds for newscasts and not actually improve the personnel and the delivery of the news (see also New York and Chicago board).

Atleast WCBS improved in the time frame of April 14, 2006 - June 20, 2007 yet they managed to screw it up.

That's because Peter Dunn changes his mind more than woman at a shoe store.

Dunn made the same thing in CBS 3? And the graphic changes don't count

Will do cause if I say anything here, all the 3 nuts (and employees for that matter) will start crying like little babies cause they can't get over the fact that their station still blows even after getting a new set and graphics to catch the eye of the their slobbering, knuckle-dragging neanderthal viewers who's only feedback they give is "ooooh preeeeetttttty".

Ok rants over. For now.

Some People just can't accept the fact that NBC10 destroyed itself, starting when Chris Blackman got paranoid about no-compete-clause Larry Mendte talking to other stations, demoting him, then pushing him out the door to 3's open arms.

3's Success is based off of the following: Larry Mendte and Alycia Lane. They are building a strong reputation for themselves. WPVI's quality can suck all it wants, but it won't be questioned because its Channel 6, and won't be until they really screw up. Meanwhile, NBC10 has managed to just take all credibility they had and throw it down the drain.

I do agree 10 did go into a dark period that was marked by their implementation of the Novocom NBC O&O graphics package, although I think the shit started hitting the fan when they let Bolaris go.

I do agree with you, Blackman was a fucking bumbling idiot when he first started here but has improved immensely since then. The news product while not as fancily presented as 3 is reputable but they have the problem that they drove away all their viewers in the past and now they are trying to make up for it. Given a year or two, I think 10 can recoup what they lost and then some.

• 1 year later...
Some People just can't accept the fact that NBC10 destroyed itself, starting when Chris Blackman got paranoid about no-compete-clause Larry Mendte talking to other stations, demoting him, then pushing him out the door to 3's open arms.

3's Success is based off of the following: Larry Mendte and Alycia Lane. They are building a strong reputation for themselves. WPVI's quality can suck all it wants, but it won't be questioned because its Channel 6, and won't be until they really screw up. Meanwhile, NBC10 has managed to just take all credibility they had and throw it down the drain.

First of all, I would just like to say that Chris Blackman destroyed NBC 10... They were doing great when he took over. Now look at them.... they are snail in a race between a cheetah, kangaroo, and snail... And for four years, NBC 10 watched Larry Mendte get the last laugh as they beat NBC 10...

Now I wonder what will happen that the strong reputation that Mendte and Lane built for almost 5 years here in Philadelphia... I guess Mendte did the same thing Blackman did... threw their success down the drain...

I might be wrong but isnt this suppose to be a thread about 6ABC and their new building... but I am looking forward for their new set...

I can't wait to see what 6ABC's new building will look like when it's done. I also would love to see the new news set when they get in there. I just hope that nothing goes wrong in the transition process.

Archived