New Raycom weather graphics

nhmediaguy

Fox 19 Now? Can't seem to put my finger on it but the logo looks so underwhelming.

hdr_branding.png

Anyone care to wager that WOIO is going to be CBS 19 Now?

What about "OIO Now"? I know it dosen't sound like a great brand for a CBS affiliate but I think it's catchy.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fox 19 Now? Can't seem to put my finger on it but the logo looks so underwhelming.

hdr_branding.png

Anyone care to wager that WOIO is going to be CBS 19 Now?

Uhh... I'll pass. Not because I doubt it will happen, but because "CBS 19 Now" makes "Hometeam 19" sound great in comparison.

Interesting name. Yeah lets go with CBS 19 Now.

I wonder if they will re brand WAVE 3 News Now. That is a mouth full.

God, I wish they'd drop "WAVE 3 News" as their branding. Looks ridiculous airing a syndicated talk show with a WAVE 3 NEWS bug on the screen.

• 3 weeks later...

Add WBTV 3 to the list. And a new set too.

uFMhdOa.png

EDIT: Just now realized that swillh2k2 posted some caps earlier today.

The anchors are finally sitting down? Its about time. I didn't like how WBTV used to have anchors stand up for minutes or even hours at a time in their previous set. Plus, I like the new graphics and their new WeatherCenter is just mind boggling. I actually really like the change for WBTV. Good for them.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure that's how Raycom wants it to look, WLBT....

7_Day_Forecast.jpg

Some of their on-air meteorologists use the graphics correctly. Some don't...and it's awful (such as this image). Look at the graphics on their website in the weather section (www.msnewsnow.com).

I'm not sure that's how Raycom wants it to look, WLBT....

7_Day_Forecast.jpg

Wow they need to bolden the font on that. Plus, why are the WLBT meteorologist allowed to variate the font so much? There should only be one font to use and that's it.

Wow they need to bolden the font on that. Plus, why are the WLBT meteorologist allowed to variate the font so much? There should only be one font to use and that's it.

Yikes... amazing how off the mark their stuff looks with absolutely no consistency..... and STILL one of the few, if not the only Raycom station, not using an Arnold music package.

Yikes... amazing how off the mark their stuff looks with absolutely no consistency..... and STILL one of the few, if not the only Raycom station, not using an Arnold music package.

The entire newscast still has not switched to the new graphics (possibly explaining why the 7-day forecast background reflects the previous graphics package). When they do switch, I wouldn't be surprised if WLBT switches to a new music package.

The 7-day graphic we are talking about is one of a few they feature on their website. The on-air presentation is not as bad. The newscast at Noon was much better as far as the weather graphics are concerned. Some people like the flexibility of changing fonts, etc., but I, personally, wish this option was disabled. The time and money was spent to make these graphics look a certain way. I am certain not all people are concerned with the fonts, etc., but it DOES make a difference in the presentation.

WLBT switched completely to the new graphics and new music package today at Noon.

And who made these? Is there a preview / montage video?

Possibly Jeff Domitrz, the designer who made the previous Raycom packages.

His Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/jeffdomitrz

His Website: http://www.jdmotiongraphics.com/

(This video of a possible WFIE graphic looks a lot like the new graphics.)

Possibly Jeff Domitrz, the designer who made the previous Raycom packages.

His Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/jeffdomitrz

His Website: http://www.jdmotiongraphics.com/

(This video of a possible WFIE graphic looks a lot like the new graphics.)

Thanks! Too bad most of the things didn't make it to the air. It would've been better... Than what they did have

Archived