The Sinclair-ization thread

tyrannical bastard

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope KSNV gets a new website. The one they have now is terrible.

Compared to the hot steaming pile of garbage that is the layout that most of the Sinclair stations use, it's actually pretty easy on the eyes.

Wish they would incorporate the old Fisher's (KOMO/KATU) layout groupwide instead.

Compared to the hot steaming pile of garbage that is the layout that most of the Sinclair stations use, it's actually pretty easy on the eyes.

Wish they would incorporate the old Fisher's (KOMO/KATU) layout groupwide instead.

Sadly, their website is an Inergize site, which they promptly dumped several months after taking over the old Newport stations (which sold Inergize to rival Nexstar).

I hope Sinclair has an ace up their sleeve website-wise, since they've been pretty awful lately, although their last template is showing some improvements.

I think the problem is in execution and the lack of control of these sites. I've heard several of their stations don't even have webmasters and dole out the maintenance to overworked "web content producers" and let sales run amok with takeover ads and other sold clutter.

It will be interesting to see how they handle things in Syracuse. WTVH just began doing their own weekday morning and noon newscasts and the SSA Sinclair has with Granite is going to end sooner than later anyway (its end is tied up in part in the Granite/Quincy saga in Peoria). Do you do the heavy lifting for a Heartland or a Media General (the two most logical regional buyers) to buy it two years down the road?

It will be interesting to see how they handle things in Syracuse. WTVH just began doing their own weekday morning and noon newscasts and the SSA Sinclair has with Granite is going to end sooner than later anyway (its end is tied up in part in the Granite/Quincy saga in Peoria). Do you do the heavy lifting for a Heartland or a Media General (the two most logical regional buyers) to buy it two years down the road?

That SSA between WSTM and WTVH is expected to end in 2017. Sinclair doesn't want to renew it.

I wished Meredith acquire WTVH again, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that....

• 2 weeks later...

Truth. WEAR as well.

Maybe they're working on a new logo?

But given their absolute dominance on the Florida side, if it ain't broke...

It also has a major presence in MIchigan, and to a lesser extent, New York state, but in my opinion, WWMT needs new graphics as well. A new logo isn't required, but it can get it if it wants.

Archived