RUMOR: "The Now" to go on hiatus

TheRob

As has been mentioned before, NOW has not worked yet in K.C., at least in the ratings. KSHB didn't make budget last fiscal year, and that was before the NOW sank their 4:00/5:00 ratings. They're extremely worried about the May book. Whether this a Scripps consideration, or a KSHB consideration, I don't know. It didn't sound like a final decision.

(edit to add: Hearst's decision to buy Ellen for KMBC has only made the situation worse for KSHB-- lots of female viewers are loyal to that show)

As has been mentioned before, NOW has not worked yet in K.C., at least in the ratings. KSHB didn't make budget last fiscal year, and that was before the NOW sank their 4:00/5:00 ratings. They're extremely worried about the May book. Whether this a Scripps consideration, or a KSHB consideration, I don't know. It didn't sound like a final decision.

(edit to add: Hearst's decision to buy Ellen for KMBC has only made the situation worse for KSHB-- lots of female viewers are loyal to that show)

Wow. Well while Scripps helped to ruin KSHB, I would surely imagine that they're not SO stubborn (or stupid) that they wouldn't try to help a station that didn't make budget last fiscal, with evidence that losing the syndicated programming they did having a negative effect in addition to the Now hurting them even more...

Wow. Well while Scripps helped to ruin KSHB, I would surely imagine that they're not SO stubborn (or stupid) that they wouldn't try to help a station that didn't make budget last fiscal, with evidence that losing the syndicated programming they did having a negative effect in addition to the Now hurting them even more...

Out of total curiosity what was the 4pm before "The Now"?

Out of total curiosity what was the 4pm before "The Now"?

A standard newscast that rated 2nd in the market. KCTV had a hold on it because they've had a 4pm longer than anyone, but KSHB was coming out of their 4pm to take the lead at 5 and 6. Before the that newscast, it was just a 4:30pm newscast (that you could almost compare to The Now, except much better), and before that, Jeopardy!.

A standard newscast that rated 2nd in the market. KCTV had a hold on it because they've had a 4pm longer than anyone, but KSHB was coming out of their 4pm to take the lead at 5 and 6. Before the that newscast, it was just a 4:30pm newscast (that you could almost compare to The Now, except much better), and before that, Jeopardy!.

So the newscast they had before The Now was a full hour as well and even father back it was Jeopardy and a 430 newscast? Trying to get a timeline picture..

So the newscast they had before The Now was a full hour as well and even father back it was Jeopardy and a 430 newscast? Trying to get a timeline picture..

Yes, previously:

4:00 Jeopardy

4:30 News

Then...

3:30 Jeopardy

4:00 News

Now...

3:30 Jeopardy

4:00 NOW

Well, I don't know about a hiatus...WRTV just announced "The Now Indy" is coming in April.

That's unfortunate. How does RTV currently rate with what it has now? I just can't fathom how Scripps can sit there and watch this show fail in almost every market it's currently in and think that it won't struggle the same way it has in other markets.

Also, if RTV is debuting the show in April and KSHB really is putting the show on hiatus, then it's a special exception for KSHB.

Yeah, this is just another smudge on Scripp's reputation, as if previously having owned HGTV and company wasn't bad enough.

You'll recall the group was in FAR better shape with SNI than it is now... I think the reality is that SNI spun off Scripps and not the other way around. The SNI properties are a money machine.

That's unfortunate. How does RTV currently rate with what it has now? I just can't fathom how Scripps can sit there and watch this show fail in almost every market it's currently in and think that it won't struggle the same way it has in other markets.

Also, if RTV is debuting the show in April and KSHB really is putting the show on hiatus, then it's a special exception for KSHB.

RTV is 3rd/4th in every time slot.

RTV is 3rd/4th in every time slot.

If RTV is already basically last in every time slot, then either one of two things will happen:

1) The Now will actually be an improvement for them

2) The Now will make their ratings even worse

It shouldn't take too long to find out which one it will be

If RTV is already basically last in every time slot, then either one of two things will happen:

1) The Now will actually be an improvement for them

2) The Now will make their ratings even worse

It shouldn't take too long to find out which one it will be

Basically, it's the same thing over at WEWS.

The NOW hasn't been a ratings disaster, but it replaced a horrible lead-in in "RTM," which unceremoniously replaced Dr. Oz midway through the TV season.

Ratings for WEWS' news have pretty much stayed the same throughout.

Basically, it's the same thing over at WEWS.

The NOW hasn't been a ratings disaster, but it replaced a horrible lead-in in "RTM," which unceremoniously replaced Dr. Oz midway through the TV season.

Ratings for WEWS' news have pretty much stayed the same throughout.

Do we have any idea how The NOW Cleveland is doing ratings wise?

Archived