Angela Chee as NBC 7 station host

Bsean

So, I was watching Jeopardy on KNSD and a commercial for Jerome's furniture came on and it featured Angela Chee. She introduced herself as the NBC 7 station host. So I tried to look into it on the KNSD website but there's no mention of it. She does have the same thing on her site under Latest News. Anyone know what this is?

Now I can die in peace.......I have finally seen it all. Lookout Jenn Barlow!

Kill me now please!

I bet KNSD is the test market for this Zen mommie airy-fairy stuff.

I wouldn't recommend talking to yourself... You have enough problems already... Her site looks like the usual fare for someone promoting themselves.

I wouldn't recommend talking to yourself... You have enough problems already... Her site looks like the usual fare for someone promoting themselves.

Yuup.....

Every tv mommie is full of ZEN. She get a special spot in the carpool pick-up?

How come we never see the messed up kids from these people?

'Ummmmmmmmmm"'.

I have a staring room where i talk to myself ...I sometimes ever answer myself.

Too much television will rot your brain. Quit watching while you can.

Yuup.....

Every tv mommie is full of ZEN. She get a special spot in the carpool pick-up?

How come we never see the messed up kids from these people?

'Ummmmmmmmmm"'.

I have a staring room where i talk to myself ...I sometimes ever answer myself.

Too much television will rot your brain. Quit watching while you can.

I certainly watch MUCH less than before. I've also found myself to be one of the most interesting people I talk to. :D

So, I was watching Jeopardy on KNSD and a commercial for Jerome's furniture came on and it featured Angela Chee. She introduced herself as the NBC 7 station host. So I tried to look into it on the KNSD website but there's no mention of it. She does have the same thing on her site under Latest News. Anyone know what this is?

Probably some idea from the sales department to give their advertisers some extra value/personalized spot. The good thing is that they did not use any of their on-air talent to do these spots. KGTV does a similar thing with "San Diego Connect" and KUSI has "San Diego Made, San Diego Proud." In KUSI's case, the lady that was doing those sponsored segments also freelanced for them doing sports, but when she became permanent, she stopped doing the segments. It's a very slippery-slope doing these kind of ads/sponsored segments, so far KNSD and KGTV have done a pretty good job separating them from the actual newscasts.

10-news sure loves to shill for Angies List. Is that a Scripps wide thing? I agree they are real slippery slopes. I also love how they bring back Carol Lebeau and Bill G to push health care and cruises. I guess when you get forced to retire, you still play nice.

"If you lost your house in a wild fire, be sure to check out Angies List."

I guess this is the formula to reach the target 24-35 yo women.

Zen Popcorn anyone?

10-news sure loves to shill for Angies List. Is that a Scripps wide thing? I agree they are real slippery slopes. I also love how they bring back Carol Lebeau and Bill G to push health care and cruises. I guess when you get forced to retire, you still play nice.

Zen Popcorn anyone?

No Angie's list here thanks...

Zen Popcorn anyone?

I can't stand those Angie's List commercials the piano tuner guy creeps me out.

Like some of you mentioned I'd guess the station host is the ones who does the shilling for sales and creative services departments. Seems like a way to have semi recognizable personality doing commercials for your products. I can't help but wonder what the news department feels about having a "station host"? I would imagine that the ND can't be too pleased about this given she passes her self off as a "station host" and appears during newscasts breaks. I imagine some people (like this man who thought KARK put up a gay pride avatar) may misconstrue what ever the station host may shill as the news departments doing.

Is Phoebe Chongchua (former KGTV anchor) still doing those health LiveFit segments still at the end of 10News Midday? Or did they phase it out after the scripps merger?

Is Phoebe Chongchua (former KGTV anchor) still doing those health LiveFit segments still at the end of 10News Midday? Or did they phase it out after the scripps merger?

I had forgotten all about her. Nope, those segments ended way before Scripps bought the station. Phoebe's case is an odd one, in that she was actually at one point the morning anchor (and later on other anchoring/reporting assignments) in the 90s then left in the early 00's, I believe. She came back on air, shilling her LiveFit segments on the AM/Midday news no less.

I had forgotten all about her. Nope, those segments ended way before Scripps bought the station. Phoebe's case is an odd one, in that she was actually at one point the morning anchor (and later on other anchoring/reporting assignments) in the 90s then left in the early 00's, I believe. She came back on air, shilling her LiveFit segments on the AM/Midday news no less.

She was married to KFMB anchor Graham Ledger up to about 2003 and then a very nasty divorce. Ledger is now at One America (Fox news knockoff part of Wealth TV by the morena Costco), and she is doing some wine web channel thing after being phased out by KGTV quite a few years ago..

Archived