KFMB knock off

SFTV

Very good mock. I didn't click on the actual link because I didn't want to get spammed but from the preview click, the ticker looked spot on.

I'll probably get knocked for this but I always thought KFMB's graphics were unique and looked pretty good for a one TV station group.

Here is my stupid question.

Did that insurance buy that from the same people KFMB got it from?

Or did they just copy/ ripoff the design from KFMB?

The colors are darker and pop out more, it's similar but I would think it's a ripoff.

Here is my stupid question.

Did that insurance co. buy that from the same people KFMB got it from?

Or did they just copy/ ripoff the design from KFMB?

Yes, because some company that's named "Cheap Auto Insurance" is going to buy a full graphics package from HotHaus. :bang:

Why can't they just buy the one graphic from HotHaus?

They don't need an entire pkg for a news operation.

You really think they are going to say no to the business?

I seriously doubt it.

Lets say they did rip it off...or it's just a coincidence? Is it actionable in court?

Is there a copyright, trademark?

My bet is they bought that graphic, and it's, all on the up-n-up.

Remember that big companies that can afford that type ad, usually have an ad agency that employs quite a few lawyers, that comb over every aspect of that ad before publication.

Now lets say I'm wrong and it was used without permission...

I bet if you alerted HotHaus about this offense, they would probably" Thank You", and send you some cool swag...or even a little money they get from the infringement settlement.

Go Longhorns!

Why can't they just buy the one graphic from HotHaus?

They don't need an entire pkg for a news operation.

You really think they are going to say no to the business?

I seriously doubt it.

Lets say they did rip it off...or it's just a coincidence? Is it actionable in court?

Is there a copyright, trademark?

My bet is they bought that graphic, and it's, all on the up-n-up.

Remember that big companies that can afford that type ad, usually have an ad agency that employs quite a few lawyers, that comb over every aspect of that ad before publication.

Now lets say I'm wrong and it was used without permission...

I bet if you alerted HotHaus about this offense, they would probably" Thank You", and send you some cool swag...or even a little money they get from the infringement settlement.

Go Longhorns!

srsly...

It's very, very, very, obvious that they recreated the graphic in-house. Plus, why is this graphic this much of a deal? Cool, it's a recreation, but there's no need to stoop that low and say these small marketing companies would actually go up to design firms to use their graphics package. That would be insane. Mind you, there's companies that would recreate news websites that would look legitimate. Look at this:

79533b8f6b6d6377f9351cf529ae606c.png

Am I going to assume this company went to Fox News and ask if they can use their design? Absolutely not.

This thread is really astonishing, just wow.

srsly...

It's very, very, very, obvious that they recreated the graphic in-house. Plus, why is this graphic this much of a deal? Cool, it's a recreation, but there's no need to stoop that low and say these small marketing companies would actually go up to design firms to use their graphics package. That would be insane. Mind you, there's companies that would recreate news websites that would look legitimate. Look at this:

79533b8f6b6d6377f9351cf529ae606c.png

Am I going to assume this company went to Fox News and ask if they can use their design? Absolutely not.

This thread is really astonishing, just wow.

I'm just asking because I'm not a big graphics person. Any of you guru's care to chime in?

I give you this....

That FOX knock-off is pretty lame....but the KFMB knock-off is pretty nice looking. I agree with whoever said the KFMB graphics were very nice.

This is deception pure and simple, as these ads are masquerading as seemingly legitimate news sources. There is no possible way a legitimate news organization would willingly craft a fake news image in their likeness for an advertiser's benefit.

This "native advertising" is on a dangerous slope as these con artists are getting better at faking things so unsuspecting people get sucked in....

Archived