(Debunked) WJZ Dropped Chroma Cues?

Big Country News

As I said WJZ is kitsch but it's Baltimore (for some reason I think of John Waters with 'JZ and very competitive. I think WBAL was ahead of them most recently but WJZ doesn't really have to worry about WBFF and WMAR any time soon.

I think I mentioned this before but it would be nicer if they re-recorded Chroma Cues or revert back to the original theme.

I can't see them updating their set and going modern like 2, 11 and 45 did however I think they could get a new one that still has that homey feel to it.

There are some elements of change to the O&O look such as using just the CBS Eye 13 logo in their news ticker during CBS This Morning, some title elements used as bumpers/promos before commercial breaks, and using the CBS Eye 13 logo in some of their full screen graphic headers.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to mention they essentially re-painted their news set for the launch of HD newscasts (along with the short-lived Look E graphics). Hopefully, when they move back to Bala Cynwyd (sorry, wrong city) Kearny Mesa, that will change.

For a long time KNSD was not really considered a real "O&O" while operating under stations ventures/ New World.

They are lucky they are getting new digs.

Plenty of room for storage at the new place since the entire staff at KNSD can fit inside a closet now.

im surprised KRON isnt in this thread as they never gave up their KRON instant classics. KRON's famous theme thats been used since 1998. but since that theme is what makes them famous for who they are they aren't going to change it at all anyway because its too awesome to give up.

im surprised KRON isnt in this thread as they never gave up their KRON instant classics. KRON's famous theme thats been used since 1998. but since that theme is what makes them famous for who they are they aren't going to change it at all anyway because its too awesome to give up.

Actually, they stopped using it in 2002 in favor of Stephen Arnold's Overture (that's currently being used in Milwaukee by WDJT), but in 2006 there was something called a "SESAC Attack" that I'm still not sure of the details about, but it forced KRON to revert to the Instant Classics, (Boy, is that name redundant.)

Archived