WPXI getting a new set

Breaking News

Interesting layout, though it wouldn't be the first set to have two desks so close together (KARK-TV in Little Rock comes to mind).

Hard to say who built this one.

EDIT: NewscastStudio is saying Clickspring designed WPXI's new set.

Also confirmed by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/tv-radio/2015/10/26/KDKA-and-WPXI-TV-debut-flashy-redesigned-news-sets/stories/201510260175

I was really hoping for Z Space Creative to design the set and give them one similar to WFTV's. I like the look of their set.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That doesn't look like a Clickspring set to me... If it is, their standards have fallen pretty dramatically.

Wonder if they lost some designers or maybe Black Walnut couldn't handle the installation ?

Or the people at WPXI just have bad taste (and the members of the focus groups)?

Am I the only one that doesn't think it looks that great? The way they have the weather and anchor desks situated is bad. The fact that in the two anchor shot you can even see the weather center desk is so annoying. Why did they feel the need to cram them all in that corner? Geez.

It's unique, yes, I'll give them that. It also has a very, very European flare and feel to it, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But I don't like it. Very disappointed with Clickspring's work here.

It's not that I hate it. I do like it. I like the layout, too - although many of you don't seem to. It's super unique and really cool. Sort of, cute. Like if you were to hire the Sugarbakers to redecorate your modern Manhattan loft: 80's throwback (southern) charm meets sweet, sleek urban jungle. Juxtaposition is sort of, cute. You can't help but admire the handwork and marriage of cool things, maybe it'll work for them. KDKA, on the other hand, knocked my socks off. Just feels easier to follow, makes more sense, visually- it's more of a bonafide network O&O'd look without a thought. WPXI: if the weather desk was not right there, I'd be wondering what new day time talk show is on now?

Again- I don't hate it. I seriously do like it. It just makes me angry and I don't know why? Lol

It's an interesting concept.

However, if the weather desk wasn't 3 inches higher than the anchor desk, it would flow better and be much less noticeable & distracting.

Edited to add: The overall design would also benefit if the weather desk continued the same design element as the anchor desk, or was a mirror opposite

Archived