Boston TV crisis: WHDH and WNEU

TheRolyPoly

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply
'

Yeaaaa

It's about as believable as U.S Olympics swimmers getting.....

Nevermind.

What are you suggesting? And why is it that people still think they can move on from a certain topic here if they keep coming back to it? If I was to move on, I'd get out altogether and never look back (though not immediately, if you know what I'm talking about).

What are you suggesting? And why is it that people still think they can move on from a certain topic here if they keep coming back to it? If I was to move on, I'd get out altogether and never look back (though not immediately, if you know what I'm talking about).

Mardek, we're discussing the Boston tv situation in this thread. If you want to ramble on over and over about leaving or not leaving this site, please go to the breakroom thread you created and post your incoherent ramblings there.

If I was to move on, I'd get out altogether and never look back (though not immediately, if you know what I'm talking about).

Yes, I know what you are talking about...

You like it slow and painful.

Nothing wrong with that.

Then do everyone a favor and leave.
You are the worst person on these forms, in fact, out of all of us, weeters is the only sane one in TVNT! That's right, I'm acknowledging that this site (including you crackedscreen and A3N) has not only driven me insane, but almost everyone else as well (not to mention that I've been more patient than most of yall have, but even my own patience has already reached its end)!

You are the worst person on these forms, in fact, out of all of us, weeters is the only sane one in TVNT! That's right, I'm acknowledging that this site (including you crackedscreen and A3N) has not only driven me insane, but almost everyone else as well (not to mention that I've been more patient than most of yall have, but even my own patience has already reached its end)!

you were insane long before you joined TVNT

LOL. [insert funny Eat News comment here].

You are the worst person on these forms, in fact, out of all of us, weeters is the only sane one in TVNT! That's right, I'm acknowledging that this site (including you crackedscreen and A3N) has made everyone insane (not to mention that I've been more patient than most of yall have, but even that has reached its end)!

I say this lovingly...THEN LEAVE.

I don't like the idea of ganging up on a forum member. It's mean, it's bullying, and it's not something any of us should take pride in. Do some of us have a screw loose? Yes, but who the hell are you to call us out on that when you're no better? Frankly, crackedscreen, A3N and Eat News (among many) have been the ones keeping some level of sanity while you go off half-cocked every hour every day with some idiotic rant on us, this site, or some meaningless part of existence. And when anyone calls you out, you feel this obnoxious need to defend yourself and have the last word. I'd ask if you realize how childish that seems, but your continued behavior speaks for itself.

I've sat by, trying to be polite, respecting the authority of the moderators, occasionally throwing in a funny remark just to cut the tension, but I've had it. You're out of control and it's pissing off the majority of the responsible, reasonably-knowledgeable, respectful members of TVNT. If I were in charge, you would've been banned a week ago, but that's not my call, and I respect that. That said, if you're so unhappy with your role in media, this forum, and all of us, then don't let the door hit you on the way out, dammit.

If you stick around and wean yourself off this site in the amount of time you've suggested, you'll likely be the last one here, with the rest of us throwing in the towel before then. So if you're so hellbent on leaving, I have to say the sooner, the better.

Not in 3 to 5 years. Now.

Good day.

I say this lovingly...THEN LEAVE.

I don't like the idea of ganging up on a forum member. It's mean, it's bullying, and it's not something any of us should take pride in. Do some of us have a screw loose? Yes, but who the hell are you to call us out on that when you're no better? Frankly, crackedscreen, A3N and Eat News (among many) have been the ones keeping some level of sanity while you go off half-cocked every hour every day with some idiotic rant on us, this site, or some meaningless part of existence. And when anyone calls you out, you feel this obnoxious need to defend yourself and have the last word. I'd ask if you realize how childish that seems, but your continued behavior speaks for itself.

I've sat by, trying to be polite, respecting the authority of the moderators, occasionally throwing in a funny remark just to cut the tension, but I've had it. You're out of control and it's pissing off the majority of the responsible, reasonably-knowledgeable, respectful members of TVNT. If I were in charge, you would've been banned a week ago, but that's not my call, and I respect that. That said, if you're so unhappy with your role in media, this forum, and all of us, then don't let the door hit you on the way out, dammit.

If you stick around and wean yourself off this site in the amount of time you've suggested, you'll likely be the last one here, with the rest of us throwing in the towel before then. So if you're so hellbent on leaving, I have to say the sooner, the better.

Not in 3 to 5 years. Now.

Good day.

You knwo what, I've asked so many questions, and you denied many of them (only weeters had the patience to explain it to me better than anyone else could (including myself). And I tried questioning mindsets, but I got shot down for it (NOT literally but you get it). And excuse me while this goes on a rant! Even if it was better overall back then (which I think it was) news media has always had biases, and we tuned them out of it, but the "x story at 6" thing was really wearing people off, so then the internet came to save the day, little did anyone know that this sort of thing that's here right now is really a pain in the ass to the point that not even the internet can be immune to (it's not perfect, but really, I myaelf don't expect it to be)! And you know what I think about being a news junkie? It sucks and I have had too many close calls where I have almost been suckered into it! And now I also know why viewers don't care about station ownership! It's a pain in the ass to track and I have to endure it and I'm sure yall do too! I'd rather be around rowdy little kids and/or the elderly than to be on this site because at least there I can have good relations with them and take care of them and be happy! And with that my rant (as excruciating as it is) is over!

And weeters, please end this thread before things get worse with me or anyone else!!!

And weeters, please end this thread before things get worse with me or anyone else!!!

Why do you want to "end" this thread? The discussion was fine before you derailed it with your crap. Maybe you should just "end" your posting.

Why do you want to "end" this thread? The discussion was fine before you derailed it with your crap. Maybe you should just "end" your posting.
This discussion was already derailing, but I hate to say this, but I seem to have finished the derailment!

God forgive me for saying this, but Mardek does make one valid point, that others of you are insane besides him. I disagree with 24994J's comments. The people mentioned as keeping a level of sanity have done quite the opposite, along with others, contributing to mardek's nonsense. It's pathetic that they've fed into him for pages upon pages upon pages in three different threads!!!

Also, J, no offense, but you seem to carry yourself off as someone on a higher moral ground than others and feel the need to tell people when they're wrong or being mean. Get off it, you are no better than anyone else on this site, so stop acting like your everyone's mom and dad. You sit there questioning Weeters judgment TWICE yet say you respect his decision to not do anything. That's a little contradictory.

Just ignore the guy, comment as if his comments aren't a part of this thread or any other thread. Move on. Let him comment on his own nonsense. He is obviously playing you all like fools.

God forgive me for saying this, but Mardek does make one valid point, that others of you are insane besides him. I disagree with 24994J's comments. The people mentioned as keeping a level of sanity have done quite the opposite, along with others, contributing to mardek's nonsense. It's pathetic that they've fed into him for pages upon pages upon pages in three different threads!!!

Also, J, no offense, but you seem to carry yourself off as someone on a higher moral ground than others and feel the need to tell people when they're wrong or being mean. Get off it, you are no better than anyone else on this site, so stop acting like your everyone's mom and dad. You sit there questioning Weeters judgment TWICE yet say you respect his decision to not do anything. That's a little contradictory.

Just ignore the guy, comment as if his comments aren't a part of this thread or any other thread. Move on. Let him comment on his own nonsense. He is obviously playing you all like fools.

Actually, we all played each other like fools, because we all are, and I have admitted so many times now that I am no better than any of them, not to mention that (and I'll mention this again) weeters is the most sane out of all of us

Saw this on Facebook this evening from a gentleman who works in television and is at the Rio Games.....

"What I am hearing in Rio is the NBC/Hearst deal is very close to reality. Hearst would swap WCVB to NBC in exchange for San Diego and Hartford and also would make WMUR and WMTW NBC's affiliates. Other markets are involved as well but Hearst in recent years has tended to affiliate with NBC instead of ABC. Gracie this would also mean KMBC becoming the Kansas City affiliate.

That would be crushing to Portland, Maine's WCSH which has one of the original NBC chime boxes in their lobby.

A major part of the deal is Hearst selling their 20% ownership of ESPN to Disney in return of making all the Hearst ABC stations NBC.

I am hearing this from the Hearst people down here."

I saw this too. Does this actually look like its going to happen? And would it cause a ripple effect at some of Hearst's other stations? Because like most of you, I'm skeptical. Like some of you have said, WCVB is Hearst's crown jewel and is one of ABC's more stronger affiliates. But if it does, it would be something.

Actually, we all played each other like fools, because we all are, and I have admitted so many times now that I am no better than any of them, not to mention that (and I'll mention this again) weeters is the most sane out of all of us

I'll make this extremely simple... If being here affects your mental health or well being this much than it is best for you to leave the site and find another hobby. Saying how much you hate everything here and sticking around anyways makes me think you are simply trolling us now. The jig is up. We are onto you. You lose. Now leave us alone.

I'll make this extremely simple... If being here affects your mental health or well being this much than it is best for you to leave the site and find another hobby. Saying how much you hate everything here and sticking around anyways makes me think you are simply trolling us now. The jig is up. We are onto you. You lose. Now leave us alone.
I'm not trolling, Im being serious when I say that I'll be winding down, but I'll have to fight relapses while doing so

I saw this too. Does this actually look like its going to happen? And would it cause a ripple effect at some of Hearst's other stations? Because like most of you, I'm skeptical. Like some of you have said, WCVB is Hearst's crown jewel and is one of ABC's more stronger affiliates. But if it does, it would be something.
I'm skeptical myself. Not only is WCVB Hearst's crown jewel and one of ABC's strongest afffiliates, but half of Hearst's stations are ABC affiliates (not to mention said ABC affiliates are in noteworthy tv markets)

Let's get back on-topic please? This is a Boston TV crisis thread, not a dispute thread.

After all, those disputes are in the "How much of a difference have we made?" thread. Go there if you wanna continue to fight.

My contribution to this is that WCVB will remain with ABC and NBC will go to the new station, whether channel it lands on. Besides, NBC has ownership of the new station so its HIGHLY UNLIKELY that a trade will take place. WCVB remains with ABC, WHDH goes Independent and either WLVI remains with The CW or gives it up to WSBK plus either WBPX 68 or WNEU 60 gets NBC Boston. End of story.

My contribution to this is that WCVB will remain with ABC and NBC will go to the new station, whether channel it lands on. Besides, NBC has ownership of the new station so its HIGHLY UNLIKELY that a trade will take place. WCVB remains with ABC, WHDH goes Independent and either WLVI remains with The CW or gives it up to WSBK plus either WBPX 68 or WNEU 60 gets NBC Boston. End of story.

I think WBPX is the most interesting option that hasn't been talked about. They have coverage in the Boston market that's pretty much on part with WHDH, and really, how much $$$ is that station going to command?

Let's get back on-topic please? This is a Boston TV crisis thread, not a dispute thread.

After all, those disputes are in the "How much of a difference have we made?" thread. Go there if you wanna continue to fight.

But as skeptical as I am, if WCVB does get sold to Hearst and it involves NBC Connecticut and NBC 7/39, then NBC will still keep WNEU, but the reason why I (along with many other people) are skeptical about this is because WMUR is essentially like a semi-satellite of WCVB the same way many of college station's tv stations are to waco's tv stations and also, if that did happen, how would WMUR become an NBC affiliate if it does end up becoming one and where would the ABC affiliation go?

But as skeptical as I am, if WCVB does get sold to Hearst and it involves NBC Connecticut and NBC 7/39, then NBC will still keep WNEU, but the reason why I (along with many other people) are skeptical about this is because WMUR is essentially like a semi-satellite of WCVB the same way many of college station's tv stations are to waco's tv stations and also, if that did happen, how would WMUR become an NBC affiliate if it does end up becoming one and where would the ABC affiliation go?

It's not gonna happen though. ABC and Hearst will still be tight at the hip, and NBC will be SOL with WNEU or WBPX. WLVI's getting sold to spectrum anyway, so CW is headed to 38 in my eyes. Also, mardek1995, as someone who has gone through some relapses, it's better to step away now than later. That's my contribution.

Also, I don't see a New World-Like shifting in affiliations for a while at least.

Archived