Steve Harvey names wrong Miss Universe winner

mvcg66b3r

I never understood the phrasing of '1st runner up'. I realize they are one heartbeat/scandal away from replacing the winner, but is the 'best of the rest' distinction supposed to make them feel better?

You're 2nd place. You lost. Deal with it.

I was in shock when I saw this LIVE because I don't think this has ever happened before.

And man I like Steve Harvey very much. I still give him support because we all make mistakes. He made one of them and it doesn't make him any different from any one of us.

I was in shock when I saw this LIVE because I don't think this has ever happened before.

And man I like Steve Harvey very much. I still give him support because we all make mistakes. He made one of them and it doesn't make him any different from any one of us.

I can't wait for Steve Harvey returns from the holiday break.

And I feel like no prep on the announcement behind the scenes may prepare or prevent the gaffe. Let's face it, as if the event could ever be taken seriously, it's another notch of fail on its belt. What makes this a big deal is a) steve harvey b)it was epic fail on so many levels unseen. Else, the big story people would be talking about is the maniac who mowed down folks on the vegas strip overnight. There's no level of interest on the pageant like in other countries whatsoever. Ratings proved last night.

Archived