WSPA launches new graphics and logo

atlnews2

Guest NewsHound
I can't believe that WJBF is STILL using the original Media General graphics package, I'll be happy when they get the new package.

I wouldn't hold my breath. WJBF is known for trying to keep things status quo to the point that it becomes extremely stale. They're the last MG station to still use the JDK Music package as well.

WJBF could use new graphics, new set, new music. They could even stand to make some syndicated programming changes (move Steve Harvey to 4pm opposite Ellen on WRDW instead of Judge Mathis). They won't though. Their CSD notoriously passed on the circles package (WAGT got them instead), passed on Stephen Arnold's Canvas package, and is likely the reason WJBF is the only legacy Spartan station that still has the stupid crescent in their logo.

Lets face it, the CSD at WJBF is likely friends with KC Robertson at WJZ.

I wouldn't hold my breath. WJBF is known for trying to keep things status quo to the point that it becomes extremely stale. They're the last MG station to still use the JDK Music package as well.

WJBF could use new graphics, new set, new music. They could even stand to make some syndicated programming changes (move Steve Harvey to 4pm opposite Ellen on WRDW instead of Judge Mathis). They won't though. Their CSD notoriously passed on the circles package (WAGT got them instead), passed on Stephen Arnold's Canvas package, and is likely the reason WJBF is the only legacy Spartan station that still has the stupid crescent in their logo.

Lets face it, the CSD at WJBF is likely friends with KC Robertson at WJZ.

I remember in a broadcast recently at 7, WJHL used the JDK package, and after Sinclair purchased WJAR, the pretease which happened only about once in the livestream used it.

Guest NewsHound
I remember in a broadcast recently at 7, WJHL used the JDK package, and after Sinclair purchased WJAR, the pretease which happened only about once in the livestream used it.

I believe WJHL has since dropped it, and if they haven't then I stand corrected.

My point is, WJBF will probably still be using the 2008 WFLA HD graphics bastardized to hell, the same shitty cuts of JDK Music package, and will still keep everything status quo for years to come.

Here's to hoping that WAGT's shut down puts renewed interest in getting WJBF updated.

I believe WJHL has since dropped it, and if they haven't then I stand corrected.

My point is, WJBF will probably still be using the 2008 WFLA HD graphics bastardized to hell, the same shitty cuts of JDK Music package, and will still keep everything status quo for years to come.

Here's to hoping that WAGT's shut down puts renewed interest in getting WJBF updated.

I don't find anything wrong with the music, but recently thr weather graphics somewhat became a train wreck. They did have an animated bug with social larts recently and the WJHL newscast I watched was 2 days ago. But yes WKRG still has it.

Nexstar will hopefully finally force a Stephen Arnold theme on both stations.

It would be the perfect 180 to the mass exodus of SAM themes due to the SESAC fiasco 10 years ago....

Yup, unless there is a change in vendor relationships there's about a 100 percent chance that an Arnold pack will be coming on strong, and probably a graphics package as well.

Guest NewsHound
Yup, unless there is a change in vendor relationships there's about a 100 percent chance that an Arnold pack will be coming on strong, and probably a graphics package as well.

I'll put $5 down that WJBF will go back to Counterpoint. They already own the CDs.

• 1 month later...
Guest NewsHound
I'll put $5 down that WJBF will go back to Counterpoint. They already own the CDs.

I lost $5. They went with Aerial instead, and the WORST cuts of it.

• 4 weeks later...
Looks like WBTW has switched to the new MG graphics.

Yeah. They switched last week. The new graphics and color scheme on the set actually make me like these graphics, even though they're knock offs of Scripps.

• 3 weeks later...

WRIC will switch to the graphics seen on WATE and WSPA soon because this popped up during the tease yesterday. They are still using the old graphics for news and weather.

[GALLERY=media, 796]WRIC weather graphics by RGSJenkins posted May 3, 2016 at 7:34 PM[/GALLERY]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived