WSPA launches new graphics and logo

atlnews2

The different parts of the company are beginning to meld together finally. This is the first time that a legacy station has been totally re-branded using something that started on a former Young station. And the "ReportIT" that LIN used on many of their stations is crossing over as well.

I hope the brass at Nexstar don't mess up these moves with their awful websites, ripped off slogans and over-gratuitous shiny 3D graphics. Clean and simple is the new fashion.

This is in some ways a full throwback to the Spartan broadcasting days before merging with Media General in 2000. I say that considering the look of the logo and "the news station" slogan.

Agreed, it basically has obliterated the MG standardization of the mid-2000s. I wouldn't be surprised to see other MG stations of that era lose their old logos as well. Very LIN-esque. I wonder how Nexstar will handle taking over LIN Digital, will it spread it to its existing stations?

Also no signs of "Local 7" yet...

Stations that still have the crescent logo or a variation: WRBL, WFLA, WNCT, WSAV, WJBF, WCBD, WSLS, WJTV, WHLT and WKRG. I believe WJHL is the only station to have got rid of it afterward as 11 looked awkward on it.

Didn't look awkward to me, in fact I think WJTV removed theirs with the new graphics

Stations that still have the crescent logo or a variation: WRBL, WFLA, WNCT, WSAV, WJBF, WCBD, WSLS, WJTV, WHLT and WKRG. I believe WJHL is the only station to have got rid of it afterward as 11 looked awkward on it.

The only station you listed that still uses the crescent is WJBF, the others have stopped using it.

Off the top of my head the only stations that still use the crescent (besides WJBF) are WBTW, WMBB, and KWCH

The only station you listed that still uses the crescent is WJBF, the others have stopped using it.

Off the top of my head the only stations that still use the crescent (besides WJBF) are WBTW, WMBB, and KWCH

Oops forgot WBTW. The rest use a variation of that old logo in the same or similar font.

I don't know what he means by variation, but I know of WJBF, WBTW and some non MG stations like WMBB and KWCH using it, I'm guessing these graphics are coming for WBTW and then foes the crescent. WJBF kind of needs them badly...

I don't know what he means by variation, but I know of WJBF, WBTW and some non MG stations like WMBB and KWCH using it, I'm guessing these graphics are coming for WBTW and then foes the crescent. WJBF kind of needs them badly...

I can't believe that WJBF is STILL using the original Media General graphics package, I'll be happy when they get the new package.

I can't believe that WJBF is STILL using the original Media General graphics package, I'll be happy when they get the new package.

WJBF is doing the same thing WDEF did with the early-2000's graphics that they had until recently even after they were no longer a MG station -- updated them and updated them and updated them.

Agreed that this is one of the better executions. Although, it seems like the prior package was retired too soon.

What do you bet that WNCN will pick up this look when they switch to CBS in a few weeks?

I could see that happening.

I do like the logo. Wasn't the biggest fan of the old logo.

Now that KWCH is in Gray's hands, one of the first orders of business could be a new logo. When they took over KALB, their monstrosity of a logo (based off WKRG & WHLT) was gone quickly. Before that, theu had the standard issue crescent from their MG days....

Now WMBB will be interesting....their crescent survives to this day....will it survive when they reunite with their former sister stations when Nexstar takes over MG?

Archived