KNSD New Set (like duh)

Eat News

So my big question is....

Given the fact that KNSD is moving into new digs...

Will the stay 'in house' for the new set????

Or will they get a surrogate to implant the devils spawn seed and go with one of those Costco sets?

It's always been kinda traditional to keep the first one in house.

Or will they get that guy that designed the KING set?

(and to think I usually mock set discussions)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been awhile since I worked at KNSD, but it's still my favorite station. There's no one left in creative services that could pull off a set "in-house", and remember this is NBC we are talking about, not Tegna. NBC still knows how to invest in its on-air product, why would they need to go the KING & KARE route? My guess is either Jack Morton, Clickspring or Devlin for KNSD's new set.

KNBC went with BDI for their set in the new building. My guess is that they go the same route as well. Although, from a sports promo that they just released, we get a sneak peak at one portion of the new set.capture_20160212_231111.thumb.jpg.303a52c216a2bccc6115769204c07795.jpg

Also, one of the anchors mentioned a few weeks ago that the new set was close to being finished, if not finished already...

Off topic: I'm surprised to find out that MJ left WPLG.

I didn't realize that either! But whatever... I don't watch WPLG. You know how much I don't watch or care about WPLG? I don't realize when some of their reporters leave nor do I realize who are the newest reporters for the station. That's how much I don't care about WPLG.

I didn't realize that either! But whatever... I don't watch WPLG. You know how much I don't watch or care about WPLG? I don't realize when some of their reporters leave nor do I realize who are the newest reporters for the station. That's how much I don't care about WPLG.

And I didn't realize that Jim Laslavic retired!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=746180752185631&substory_index=0&id=100371090099937

Nice, hopefully they spent as much money on the set as they did on this humongous 7 outside the building...

And rehearsals did start on Friday:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1726277187652030&substory_index=0&id=1499367893676295

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=746180752185631&substory_index=0&id=100371090099937

Nice, hopefully they spent as much money on the set as they did on this humongous 7 outside the building...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1726277187652030&substory_index=0&id=1499367893676295

I wonder how long it will take before someone hits that 7 logo with their car

At least we know the logo is staying the same. It's a simple logo but it looks good.

Well I will say it looks nice at night, the entire front of the building looks good.

I think the Giant 7 is so that the news and promo folks can ram that 7 down our throats for the next few months. Kids will climb on it...anchors will spew useless facts about it's size and weight...

I bet if I looked closer I could find a camera triax/ mic jack box/outlet for all the liveshots.

Which staffer will try to jump off it first in a futile suicide attempt?

Was that Gomez shot considered a selfie???

nbc39night.jpg.cd22997919e9df357bb6cdff2f1cc818.jpg

Will someone have sex in front of it?

So the pic I took is kinda crappy...but I wonder if it can change color?

Can it be red white and blue on the 4th of July?

Well I will say it looks nice at night, the entire front of the building looks good.

I think the Giant 7 is so that the news and promo folks can ram that 7 down our throats for the next few months. Kids will climb on it...anchors will spew useless facts about it's size and weight...

I bet if I looked closer I could find a camera triax/ mic jack box/outlet for all the liveshots.

[ATTACH=full]2700[/ATTACH]

Surprised that they didn't have those color changing LED lights in it so the peacock could be colored in or changed for special events such as the green is universal week.

[ATTACH=full]2700[/ATTACH]

Isn't there another NBC 7 logo hanging from the side of the building?

Surprised that they didn't have those color changing LED lights in it so the peacock could be colored in or changed for special events such as the green is universal week.

Yeah...

I bet it changes color, and they are just leaving it white until the big "event".

The night they extinguish the Peacock on Broadway...and light the Peacock on..... 3...2...1.... Granite Ridge...... Ohhhhhhhh!

Seriously...

It better change color....or else.

Archived