WJAR's new set

atlnews2

Looks great. I will say I'm surprised that Sinclair bought new cameras and equipment for the automation. I thought they normally try to integrate as much old equipment as possible.

How does WJAR do in the ratings?

Don't even ask that question (I'm not saying it in a mean way). WJAR is the 1,000-ton gorilla in that market. #1 in every single newscast. In that market, WJAR is always #1, followed by WPRI at #2 and lastly by the ungodly and always awful, WLNE at #3.

How do I know this? I have family living in both Providence and New Bedford.

Don't even ask that question (I'm not saying it in a mean way). WJAR is the 1,000-ton gorilla in that market. #1 in every single newscast. In that market, WJAR is always #1, followed by WPRI at #2 and lastly by the ungodly and always awful, WLNE at #3.

How do I know this? I have family living in both Providence and New Bedford.

Looks great. I will say I'm surprised that Sinclair bought new cameras and equipment for the automation. I thought they normally try to integrate as much old equipment as possible.

WJAR is #1 by a large margin

Just saw the tweet above from Devlin [MEDIA=twitter]700812007704887298[/MEDIA]

Considering it's a rehearsal video and it looks like they are making some real-time adjustments with lighting, it's very impressive. Has a nice clean-tech, but not-too-overstated or flashy look that should work well in the conservative Providence market, and most of all won't culture shock their very loyal viewership base (see above post by WSVNFan). Some of the video in the display walls looks a little washed out, but as they say, garbage in -- garbage out. It could also be the quality of the compressed website video? Hopefully they'll use better quality video when they go live. Nice work WJAR, and Devlin is "en fuego" as usual!

I'm really surprised that a rehearsal show made it onto the Internet. Curious how they got their hands on it.

I was going to say an online stream (given how sometimes pre-show rehearsals have gotten out where anchors are recording voice overs) but since this is an entire show in good quality someone must of leaked it.

I was going to say an online stream (given how sometimes pre-show rehearsals have gotten out where anchors are recording voice overs) but since this is an entire show in good quality someone must of leaked it.

Or they just accessed the stations IP based routing switcher. Just log on and dial up any station input/outputs.

Archived