Rupert Murdoch gives ultimatum to Ailes: resign or be fired

ColDayNews

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could see the O&Os newscasts moving away from the FNC style and back to what they were pre-2007.

Dennis Swanson was largely responsible for this move....undertaken soon after he joined as head of FOX Television stations. Also, it was the new "trend" for station groups at the time to make themselves look alike with centralized graphics. Gannett, Media General, and other soon followed suit when the fortunes of broadcast television took a turn for the worse during the Great Recession.

The lack of political money this go-around could be another hurdle in this election year. But as long as the "viewers" of FOX bow down to it and they keep up what they've been doing for the last 20 years or so....little could change...

How I would restructure FNC's schedule post election:

6-10AM: Fox and Friends

10am-noon: Fox News Live anchored by Bill Hemmer and Martha MacCallum

Noon-1pm: Fox News Live anchored by Harris Faulkner and Gregg Jarrett

1-2pm: Fox News Live anchored by Jon Scott and Jenna Lee

2-3pm: Fox News Live anchored by Patti Ann Browne and Leland Vittert

3-4pm: Shepard Smith Reporting

4-5pm: Your World with Cavuto

5-6pm: The Five

6-7pm: Special Report with Bret Baier

7-8pm: The FOX Report with Shepard Smith

8-11pm: Opinion programming (O'Reilly remains at 8, Hannity is moved to 9pm, Kelly File at 10pm, Greta (live to tape at 11)

Overnights:

11pm - repeat of O'Reilly Factor

Midnight - repeat of Hannity

1am - repeat of Kelly File

2am - Greta repeat

3am - Red Eye

4am - Fox and Friends First (extended to two hours)

what happens when all those angry old white men die and they can't find any younger angry white men to replace them? in addition to cord cutting, white people will eventually be a minority, the worst thing for Fox news might be a Trump presidency while a Hillary presidency might buy them some time

what happens when all those angry old white men die and they can't find any younger angry white men to replace them? in addition to cord cutting, white people will eventually be a minority, the worst thing for Fox news might be a Trump presidency while a Hillary presidency might buy them some time

Buy them time???

The ratings for FNC are beyond dominate.

I could see the O&Os newscasts moving away from the FNC style and back to what they were pre-2007.

Hopefully, this happens. The O&Os would be better off if each one was able to have their own unique identity.

How I would restructure FNC's schedule post election:

[snip]

Umm... I may be wrong, but you don't have any real changes besides Hannity and Kelly swapping timeslots.

Umm... I may be wrong, but you don't have any real changes besides Hannity and Kelly swapping timeslots.

I expanded F&F by an hour and got rid of the daytime opinion programming (Outnumbered) and The Real Story. Fox News Live was the brand of rolling coverage for FNC until 2008. I was giving them an MSNBC type format - straight news all day and opinion at night

I expanded F&F by an hour and got rid of the daytime opinion programming (Outnumbered) and The Real Story. Fox News Live was the brand of rolling coverage for FNC until 2008. I was giving them an MSNBC type format - straight news all day and opinion at night

Archived