New set coming to WJZY?

Hickman360

It looks like the FOX O&O in Charlotte is ditching the cafe diner like set and getting a new set yesterday at the end of Good day Charlotte they showed a shot of the anchors in hard hats as they were dismantling the set and today they were broadcasting from the newsroom

Don't they share a building with FOX Sports? I know it used to be Speed Channel's building until they folded into FS1, most NASCAR programming originates from there IIRC.

No. They were gonna do that, but the news director at the time wanted to stay on Performance Road instead of moving to Charlotte's Universal City, where FS1 has studios there.

The diner/living room set worked fine for the morning show, but they do need a separate set for the evening newscasts.

I've always hated those cafe/living room style sets for a newscast. WUSA 9 just started doing their weekday morning news from a set like that, which is the same one they use for their 9am pay-to-play show, Great Day Washington.

They are continually improving their news product. But they do have a ways to go as WAXN/WSOC and former FOX affiliate WCCB still dominate the 10pm news. And WBTV and WSOC remain the leading

It's not the set. A new set won't do crap. Waste of money.

news stations in the market.

Speaking of WSOC, I wonder when Cox will upgrade their studio set. It has now been 4 years, and it looks a bit dated with a 1970's style scenic backdrop. I know they recently made major upgrades to WFVT Orlando and WSB Atlanta. And the rival WBTV set which debuted a year ago looks much more sleek and modern.

There goes donating that set to a local school. Sheesh.

YuuuuuK!

Do you know what kinds of news germs are on that old set?

Just the years of old weatherman slobber gotta be nasty!

Besides...

Most states REQUIRE you burn the sports area of the set to kill all the STD's and other creatures.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The News Cafe was a stupid idea cooked up by the GM and CSD. It was the laughing stock of the FOX O&O's, not surprised it failed. The remake by JHD puts a much needed band aid on huge mistake.

Archived