6a-10a Robin Meade

10a-1p Michaela Pereira

1p-3p Erica Hill

3p-8p Forensic Files reruns

8p-9p Nancy Grace live

9p-2a Forensic Files reruns

2a-3a Nancy Grace rerun

3a-6a Forensic Files reruns

What a goddam joke. This is a textbook case of how to completely kill off a TV network.

That means the lineup is as such:

6a-10a Robin Meade

10a-1p Michaela Pereira

1p-3p Erica Hill

8p-9p Nancy Grace live

2a-3a Nancy Grace rerun

The first 9 hours is an improvement over their recent existence. I'd like to think Banfield will be an improvement over Grace, But that 5 hour gap of FF in the afternoon still needs to go (whether or not it gets ratings). Add another primetime show (and therefore another overnight repeat), figure out a way to fill the 3 to 7 space, and then they may have something respectable.

That means the lineup is as such:

6a-10a Robin Meade

10a-1p Michaela Pereira

1p-3p Erica Hill

8p-9p Nancy Grace live

2a-3a Nancy Grace rerun

What a goddam joke. This is a textbook case of how to completely kill off a TV network.

Inside word is CNN boss Jeff Zukor asked the FCC if CNN could get in on the spectrum auction....

(baddaboom!)

Should note that Bansfield is only on from 8pm-9pm after a six-hour FF rerun block (give or take a canned documentary at 7pm). Then it's eight straight hours of FF reruns.

Just go to the corner of the barn with that rifle and put HLN out of its freaking misery.

In the past, I also strongly wished CNN would flip HLN to CNNI, but seeing how all three channels have evolved now, I'm not sure if that's the best idea. CNNUS and CNNI have grown closer together under Zucker, and their schedules have a lot of overlap now, especially during North America primetime (AC360, Don Lemon, Erin Burnett, and Newsroom LA).

I still think HLN could be molded into a network that would be worth watching. What they're doing right now throughout the day is very reminiscent of what it was 8/10 years ago — basically a watered-down, CNN daytime-on-Xanax. So far, it looks like a much more thoughtful attempt than anything else they've put together for dayside since then, so I think it could work.

Primetime, of course, is a different story. Having Ashleigh Banfield basically do Nancy Grace's show screams "we still don't know what to do with ourselves." I always liked her, but from the clips I've seen, the delivery and content seem very forced. I have a hunch that they could be planning to flip her show back into more general news like what she was doing on CNN daytime if this current format doesn't take.

Oh, and I do really like the new style HLN lower thirds. I'm not sure when they debuted, but they're nice. They still feel very CNN, yet different.

In the past, I also strongly wished CNN would flip HLN to CNNI, but seeing how all three channels have evolved now, I'm not sure if that's the best idea. CNNUS and CNNI have grown closer together under Zucker, and their schedules have a lot of overlap now, especially during North America primetime (AC360, Don Lemon, Erin Burnett, and Newsroom LA).

I still think HLN could be molded into a network that would be worth watching. What they're doing right now throughout the day is very reminiscent of what it was 8/10 years ago — basically a watered-down, CNN daytime-on-Xanax. So far, it looks like a much more thoughtful attempt than anything else they've put together for dayside since then, so I think it could work.

Primetime, of course, is a different story. Having Ashleigh Banfield basically do Nancy Grace's show screams "we still don't know what to do with ourselves." I always liked her, but from the clips I've seen, the delivery and content seem very forced. I have a hunch that they could be planning to flip her show back into more general news like what she was doing on CNN daytime if this current format doesn't take.

Oh, and I do really like the new style HLN lower thirds. I'm not sure when they debuted, but they're nice. They still feel very CNN, yet different.

HLN is a d-league network compared to top cable news networks like Fox, MSNBC and of course CNN. They are really taking advantage of this experiment cause of heavy news cycle. In reality, HLN will not sell cause their focus is on human interest stories and human interest is not meat and potatoes of why people watch news. People want to be informed not catered to and look at the decline of morning network shows like Today and GMA, they have focused so much on being infotainment they have alienated a lot of viewers.

HLN main focus is to be very lite and cotton candy and that would only go so far. If they took part of their infrastructure from CNN main network over to HLN then they have a chance.

Since Zucker has been in charge CNN and with CNN only focusing on one story at a time excessively, you would think they would have HLN report on all the other news. CNN has all these bureaus around the country and around the world that are already producing content.

Since Zucker has been in charge CNN and with CNN only focusing on one story at a time excessively, you would think they would have HLN report on all the other news. CNN has all these bureaus around the country and around the world that are already producing content.

To be fair, HLN has more content than CNN during its rolling news coverage and CNNI has more content than both domestic networks! If only HLN was back to the way things were.

They would have success if they renamed HLN to CNN2 and used it as an overflow network for CNN's mainstream news coverage. Air Town Halls, Special Reports and focused news programs (i.e. shows that focus solely on business news, politics or legal news). Reair some CNN shows like primetime (in overnights) and simulcast CNN International (and CNN) from time to time. This would be profitable, it would be logical and it would expand the CNN brand name recognition. (yes, Robin Meade can stay)

They would have success if they renamed HLN to CNN2 and used it as an overflow network for CNN's mainstream news coverage. Air Town Halls, Special Reports and focused news programs (i.e. shows that focus solely on business news, politics or legal news). Reair some CNN shows like primetime (in overnights) and simulcast CNN International (and CNN) from time to time. This would be profitable, it would be logical and it would expand the CNN brand name recognition. (yes, Robin Meade can stay)

It was called CNN2 when it started back sometime in 1981. It ran a 30/30 rigid news-radio style format.

hqdefault.jpg.31048ae1742271446cdc389bb6cc0092.jpg

It was called CNN2 when it started back sometime in 1981. It ran a 30/30 rigid news-radio style format.

[ATTACH=full]3452[/ATTACH]

CNN2 was created purely in response to ABC/Group W's Satellite News Channel, which took the 1010 WINS/KYW 1060 20 minute rolling news cycle to television (as 18 minutes, but still). In effect, CNN2 took the structure of CBS Radio's all-news outlets, which had the 30-minute news cycle.

After trying to compete against both CNNs, ABC/Group W gave up and sold the channel satellite space to TBS. This was their final hour on-air:

CNN2 was created purely in response to ABC/Group W's Satellite News Channel, which took the 1010 WINS/KYW 1060 20 minute rolling news cycle to television (as 18 minutes, but still). In effect, CNN2 took the structure of CBS Radio's all-news outlets, which had the 30-minute news cycle.

After trying to compete against both CNNs, ABC/Group W gave up and sold the channel satellite space to TBS. This was their final hour on-air:

OMG I forgot all about them.

Archived