CBS Radio National Traffic

Eat News

Radiate isn't centralized, the talent still works at the local station. They just get paid by Radiate instead of the station itself.

A lot of stations use Radiate's services and you'd never know it. Radiate used to be "Traffic.com" which had it's branding all over the place.

A LinkedIn search shows that Radiate employs a number of the traffic talent in Philadelphia already.

Radiate isn't centralized, the talent still works at the local station. They just get paid by Radiate instead of the station itself.

I will say it's good that it's not centralized now. Can't really know the traffic and area if your not there. However about 15 years ago when it was still Traffic.com WBAL's traffic reporter and now noon anchor Sarah Caldwell was based out of their office in Towson, MD (a few miles from TV Hill). They made the office's studio to look like WBAL's then set. I think around the time they went HD and got a new set in 2009 they brought her into the studio. I don't think she's an employee of Radiate anymore and a full timer at WBAL (traffic, noon anchor and prerecorded reports in the evening a few days the week) any more. WBAL continues to use the Radiate traffic graphic system - which in my mind is better than the WSI stuff other stations use.

Incidentally it appears WCAU had a studio at the Traffic Pulse headquarters.

I will say it's good that it's not centralized now. Can't really know the traffic and area if your not there. However about 15 years ago when it was still Traffic.com WBAL's traffic reporter and now noon anchor Sarah Caldwell was based out of their office in Towson, MD (a few miles from TV Hill). They made the office's studio to look like WBAL's then set. I think around the time they went HD and got a new set in 2009 they brought her into the studio. I don't think she's an employee of Radiate anymore and a full timer at WBAL (traffic, noon anchor and prerecorded reports in the evening a few days the week) any more. WBAL continues to use the Radiate traffic graphic system - which in my mind is better than the WSI stuff other stations use.

Incidentally it appears WCAU had a studio at the Traffic Pulse headquarters.

Yeah because Traffic Pulse's national headquarters were in Philly until the Service was shut down. Traffic.com no longer exists but Beat the Traffic by Pelmorex Canada is just as good and I use them.

Yeah because Traffic Pulse's national headquarters were in Philly until the Service was shut down. Traffic.com no longer exists but Beat the Traffic by Pelmorex Canada is just as good and I use them.

I see weather taking a similar turn soon.

This sort of arrangement isn't actually anything new as CBS Radio has been using iHeartMedia's Total Traffic & Weather Network for traffic reports since 2007. The move to the rival service offered by Radiate Media is a result of CBS opting not to renew the iHeartMedia contract.

http://rbr.com/1026-radiate-media/

Archived