Confirmed: KRIV-Houston getting new set

WXmanTim

That desk should be my desk at work with the monitors that way. I hear it promotes healthy living. LOL. But in all seriousness what a great upgrade for FOX 26 and well needed. I wonder if FOX will be doing shows from the set during Super Bowl Week.

It would if there was an in house chiropractor.

more from Newscaststudio.com

The news desk looks looks like the star ship enterprise from Star Trek Deep Space Nine.

DDG_KRIV_-WIDE_AM_GRID.jpg+

DDG_KRIV_-WIDE_CENTER.jpg

DDG_KRIV_ARRAY_TOSS.jpg

Hello. No offense, but are you referring to the Enterprise-D from Star Trek: The Next Generation? If so, then it appeared in the Deep Space Nine pilot movie as well.

Right now, if I were to rank all of the news sets in Houston, it would be like this:

1. KTRK (Clickspring) - They still have the best looking set in the market IMO. Bright and open all around.
  2. KRIV (Devlin) - A close second. Massive and open, but with a bit of a dark tone in there. Will have to get used to the new desk, which is being dubbed as the "storytelling pod".
  3. KPRC (WrightSet) - Another nice set that is massive, but with a somewhat odd setup in some areas.
  4. KHOU (Jack Morton PDG) - Dull and generic, which has been typical of most of TEGNA's new set rollouts over the last year.

Right now, if I were to rank all of the news sets in Houston, it would be like this:

1. KTRK (Clickspring) - They still have the best looking set in the market IMO. Bright and open all around.
  2. KRIV (Devlin) - A close second. Massive and open, but with a bit of a dark tone in there. Will have to get used to the new desk, which is being dubbed as the "storytelling pod".
  3. KPRC (WrightSet) - Another nice set that is massive, but with a somewhat odd setup in some areas.
  4. KHOU (Jack Morton PDG) - Dull and generic, which has been typical of most of TEGNA's new set rollouts over the last year.

KPRC is moving to a new building in a couple months (next door to their old building) and while some folks here have said they'll be moving their current set, which isn't that old and still looks pretty good, this interview with their GM that was posted today says they will get a new set after all and newscasts will start originating from the new building probably in April.

http://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2017/01/new-kprc-station-building-houston-2017.html?m=1

Holy crap. I didn't realize their studio was so big. It's fantastic. One of those situations where you don't realize how old something you had was until you replaced it with something newer. Is that an RPG behind the main desk? It has to be if it's that big and seamless.

That said, the desk is disastrous. Huge, ugly, and those monitors make zero sense. I'm desperate to know what DDG's thinking was behind it.

1. KRIV (Devlin) - A close second. Massive and open, but with a bit of a dark tone in there. Will have to get used to the new desk, which is being dubbed as the "storytelling pod".

On which planet is a "storytelling pod", a traditional broadcast element? "Hey they. We now have a built-in assignment desk called the storytelling pod. Insert coffee and pizza on this side and watch new traditional news stories exit on the other side."

Archived