Confirmed: KRIV-Houston getting new set

WXmanTim

That leaves only KDFW, WFLD, and WNYW with the original FOX O&O sets left. The question is... who's next on the list?

Probably KDFW. Even though WFLD and WNYW are pre-New World O&Os, KDFW actually isn't below the top 3 in Dallas whereas WFLD is ranked 5th in Chicago and WNYW is ranked 4th in NYC.

Probably KDFW. Even though WFLD and WNYW are pre-New World O&Os, KDFW actually isn't below the top 3 in Dallas whereas WFLD is ranked 5th in Chicago and WNYW is ranked 4th in NYC.

but still WNYW's RATINGS WOULD go UP if they got a new set! at least I think the problem with them is the silly news director!

but still WNYW's RATINGS WOULD go UP if they got a new set! at least I think the problem with them is the silly news director!

They would but as long as Abernathy is under the helm at FTSC, WNYW and WFLD will be the last to get a new set due to his silly equations for determining how much dough goes where.

I think WJBK, WTTG, and WJW still have the old sets as well.

WJBK and WTTG both had their sets redone within the past year or two and WJW is now a Tribune station but there are rumors that Cleveland's Own will finally get a new set after TEN YEARS of using the O&O set.

WJBK and WTTG both had their sets redone within the past year or two and WJW is now a Tribune station but there are rumors that Cleveland's Own will finally get a new set after TEN YEARS of using the O&O set.

I hope the rumor is true of Newscenter8 getting a new set. O&O look never fit Cleveland at all. WJW has always kept their sets up anywhere from 9 to 12 years. 1985 to 1997. 1997 to 2007. I sure do miss Fusion. It's been awhile since I've heard a "Fusion" cut or "Power News" played accidentally on WJW.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I think WNYW's issues are deeper - I find their newscasts are hard to watch no matter how pretty the set is. A good portion of their newscasts have been used as a PR tool for Fox shows like Empire. In DMA no. 1, there is more than enough news to cover a full hour's newscast.

Watching the live stream now.

First thing I noticed: THAT DESK! Whose idea was it to place two large monitors in an upward position in front of the desk. It's like they hired the same people who designed the Fox News Deck as consultants.

The rest of the new set looks fine. Looks like a Devlin job for the most part, but the desk is just .... What were they thinking?

Whoever thought those monitors would look good in that position should be fired. If they wanted monitors there I would definitely have them closer to the base of the desk. I could see the monitors being used for single headed shows - which look like they could be filmed straight on.

That desk should be my desk at work with the monitors that way. I hear it promotes healthy living. LOL. But in all seriousness what a great upgrade for FOX 26 and well needed. I wonder if FOX will be doing shows from the set during Super Bowl Week.

Archived