Lisa McRee back in LA

FiveNews

I was flipping thru the channels this morning and stopped on Good Day LA (which I NEVER watch). Sports anchor Liz Habib and Lisa McRee were co-anchoring GDLA this morning. Many may remember that Lisa McRee anchored Good Morning America with Kevin Newman. Prior to that she anchored the 5pm and 11pm news at KABC with Harold Greene. I was a fan of Lisa back on KABC, so definitely good to see her on local TV again.

Just filling in. [MEDIA=twitter]868919637131513856[/MEDIA]

If KTTV is ever going to have an impact in Los Angeles again they need to clean house. Implode their crappy set and start with some MUCH younger hungry talent. Fox 11 is an embarrassment for market #2. I wouldn't miss anyone from there if they got rid of them.

Just filling in. [MEDIA=twitter]868919637131513856[/MEDIA]

If KTTV is ever going to have an impact in Los Angeles again they need to clean house. Implode their crappy set and start with some MUCH younger hungry talent. Fox 11 is an embarrassment for market #2. I wouldn't miss anyone from there if they got rid of them.

Oh and lookie how proficient she is with SM.(socmedia)

Yeah, her and Kevin Newman viewers just turned away. Kevin redeemed himself later, though- he anchored Global National after the Vancouver switching disaster dominoes had settled (it was closely linked to all that).

Looking back at their work individually (it's hard to find stuff from their tenure on GMA, not surprisingly), they weren't bad, per se, but both were unknowns. In addition, I'm sure she especially had to deal with some Deborah Norville-style homewrecker comparisons, and they both had incredibly tough acts to follow. Maybe they were the right anchors, but definitely at the wrong time.

I was flipping thru the channels this morning and stopped on Good Day LA (which I NEVER watch). Sports anchor Liz Habib and Lisa McRee were co-anchoring GDLA this morning. Many may remember that Lisa McRee anchored Good Morning America with Kevin Newman. Prior to that she anchored the 5pm and 11pm news at KABC with Harold Greene. I was a fan of Lisa back on KABC, so definitely good to see her on local TV again.[/QUOT

I was flipping thru the channels this morning and stopped on Good Day LA (which I NEVER watch). Sports anchor Liz Habib and Lisa McRee were co-anchoring GDLA this morning. Many may remember that Lisa McRee anchored Good Morning America with Kevin Newman. Prior to that she anchored the 5pm and 11pm news at KABC with Harold Greene. I was a fan of Lisa back on KABC, so definitely good to see her on local TV again.

Thanks so much! Just filling in when they need me. After California Connected I took a break for a few years to drive my kids around to all of their sports. Now, they drive! Happy to be working freelance again at GDLA and ABC World News Now! Again, thanks a lot for being so nice. :)

Oh and lookie how proficient she is with SM.(socmedia)

Hahaha!! So funny, I'm just learning Twitter and most of my posts are about news I've read..Most of my Instagram (also learning) features our puppy tearing up Toilet Paper! (Yes, I have a LOT to learn!) :)

Looking back at their work individually (it's hard to find stuff from their tenure on GMA, not surprisingly), they weren't bad, per se, but both were unknowns. In addition, I'm sure she especially had to deal with some Deborah Norville-style homewrecker comparisons, and they both had incredibly tough acts to follow. Maybe they were the right anchors, but definitely at the wrong time.

Not gonna lie.. though had a great run at ABC before KABC, going back to GMA was a tough time...Roone was sick, GMA went from Entertainment Division to News; 3 sets and 3 executive producers. Still, though it hurt, I wouldn't trade that failure for anything. It made me a better journalist to go to PBS California Connected after that. And now truly appreciate all the family time I was able to enjoy in the last few years and the new challenges ahead. Thanks for your kind comment!

Yeah, her and Kevin Newman viewers just turned away. Kevin redeemed himself later, though- he anchored Global National after the Vancouver switching disaster dominoes had settled (it was closely linked to all that).

It was a tough time. Luckily, I was pregnant when I left and my reward for that TV failure was Life's Greatest Reward... ! :) lmc

The days of her on GMA were not good. It was so bad I ended up watching CBS This Morning during that time period. Charles & Joan ruled GMA!

Honey, you have NO idea! :) It was a troubled time at ABC and, honestly, though I love Kevin Newman as a friend, respect him as an amazing newsman, husband, father..we had no chemistry on air. Again, I love him. But as an anchor team we did NOT work! (We joke about it now.. as he's Canadian, we think he was just TOO NICE for America! :)

Not gonna lie.. though had a great run at ABC before KABC, going back to GMA was a tough time...Roone was sick, ........

Holy three quarter inch u-matic tape!

I think Ms. McRee just stunned a bunch of news nerds silly...

Boys...

Boys???

....^.^.^.....flatline.............clear.....shock......

Not gonna lie.. though had a great run at ABC before KABC, going back to GMA was a tough time...Roone was sick, GMA went from Entertainment Division to News; 3 sets and 3 executive producers. Still, though it hurt, I wouldn't trade that failure for anything. It made me a better journalist to go to PBS California Connected after that. And now truly appreciate all the family time I was able to enjoy in the last few years and the new challenges ahead. Thanks for your kind comment!

What do you think Roone would say/react to the social media thing?

Honestly...

How can the media and social media coexist without it further devolving?

Welcome back to the fun house.

What do you think Roone would say/react to the social media thing?

Honestly...

How can the media and social media coexist without it further devolving?

Welcome back to the fun house.

To social media comments/observations which are constructive (re: coverage, etc), I'd like to think Roone would have harnessed it somehow...Using the information and encouraging dialogue.

To social media spreading fake news, I think he would have been aggressive in making ABC the go-to clearinghouse for Fact Checking.. the Snopes of the broadcast world. If someone could make a mainstream and credible news organization a place where Fox News viewers felt they'd get consistently fair and accurate information, some (not all) might trust it.

To social media that's about trolling and the breakdown of common civility, I think he's be as disappointed as the rest of us...

(btw, I'd also like to think he'd have his own emoji! :) It would be the Roone Red Phone.. one in EVERY control room at ABC! )

Oh...my...gosh...it is really YOU!!

I have waited 25 years for this moment, ever since I was a teenager staying up way, way past my bedtime to watch you and Aaron Brown during the first year of World News Now. That show was so much fun to watch and the two of you had such great chemistry. It took me by surprise when you bounced in early '93, but I knew you were on to bigger and better things. And I knew those hours weren't the easiest to work–I learned that many years later when I did overnights in radio. You have come a long, long way since then and all these years later, I'm still a fan! Okay, let me stop gushing...

Lisa, thank you for inspiring me to pursue a career in broadcasting. I'll be in the LA area next week, perhaps I'll get to see you on Fox 11 in the morning!

BTW: I am the person responsible for some of those clips on YouTube, which I taped from New York while I was sleeping then played back after school.

• 6 months later...

Archived