May 2017 Sweeps

AA55

Anyone have any concrete numbers?

Or are we just waiting for the quarterly WABC press release? :)

I have a lovely concrete poem...

While you wait for that press release.

concrete-poetry-0-12-638.jpg.d2befef22d1c874ea12a741394e3c08e.jpg

Seriously....what would you do without me?

In primetime, I think WNBC wins in the ad-hungry 18-49s followed by WNYW, WCBS, and WABC; households: WCBS, WNBC, WABC, and WNYW all in that order.

As for late night? I would assume Stephen Colbert overtook Jimmy Fallon among households, while Seth Meyers and James Corden drew even against Nightline. But then again, I'm usually wrong.

Wow 3.1 from sign-on to sign off absolutely sucks. that's 220,000 viewers in a DMA of 7,350,000 homes???? thats "winning"???? - sounds more like just scraping by, would be nice to show the numbers of the top stations INSTEAD of the ranking, Rank means Nothing - IF you have stations 2 & 3 on your ass with a 3.2 and a 3.3... it's really a 3 way tie 3.1 is just as good as 3.2 or 3.3 there's no standout winner. Having a 100% lead over age 25-54 over stations #2 and #3 at one particular hour doesn't mean a lot when all the stats in the press release flip-flop DMA's, particular DMA's and viewing hours that present the most positive light for the station without giving ALL the pertinent info. The viewership of the 25-54 group may be only 90,000 of the 220,000 (of the 3.1) and may be the least desired demo of the 25-54 group for advertisers. It's clearly NOT 100% the 25-54 Demon from sign-on to sign-off vs. #2 and #3 stations - so WHY just mention that particular news hour? I think just a few years ago the leading sign-on to sign-off was more like 7.1 and probably twice that (14.0) 10 years ago

Archived