WFMZ 40th Anniversary Makeover

LVForward

As part of WFMZ's 40th Anniversary they are getting a new news set. They are currently utilizing their center city arena studio for their anchors and sports while their traffic and weather come from the main broadcast center atop South Mountain. Renovations are due to take a month or so. They have posted behind the scenes stories and memories.

lol. they're right. 69 did have a whole bunch of wood.

*ahem* anyway, I promise I'm not 12. They said they're moving to the PPL Center in the meantime. Do they have a downtown studio location or something? Seems odd not to place them somewhere in the station temporarily. What market is WFMZ anyway?

lol. they're right. 69 did have a whole bunch of wood.

*ahem* anyway, I promise I'm not 12. They said they're moving to the PPL Center in the meantime. Do they have a downtown studio location or something? Seems odd not to place them somewhere in the station temporarily. What market is WFMZ anyway?

WFMZ is in the Philadelphia market, but has always had a Lehigh Valley focus.

Also, I think PPL Center is the downtown studio location.

WFMZ is located in Allentown, PA - about an hour north of Philadelphia. Although Allentown is the 3rd largest city in PA it is considered part of the Philadelphia market/region. The ppl Center is a 10,000 seat arena built in Downtown Allentown for the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, a minor league affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers. Both WFMZ and Service Electric Cable TV have remote studios at the arena. The WFMZ ppl Center studio is regularly used for their noon news broadcast and for special event broadcasts from the arena. The station is also currently utilizing the nearby Artsquest Center in Bethlehem for it's noon news as well as a meet & greet tent / remote site during Bethlehem's annual 10-day Musikfest event.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

WFMZ posted this image and several more to facebook on Friday -

New Studio Construction 2017 | 69News WFMZ-TV

Our old studio set is being dismantled to make room for the new one.

Each day the new set becomes closer to completion.

We can't wait to show it to you!

https://www.facebook.com/pg/69WFMZ/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10159173174150557

21731851_10159268556965557_8785181384550325146_o.thumb.jpg.3b1ae4f58ce60cb8ad8443b0da456f07.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived