End of an Era: FOX News Channel Dropping Its Spinning Logo Cube

Big Country News

Everyone at CNN and MTV knew that going back to the 80's when the tube projection screens would burn in. To this day there are still old 4:3 tube monitors with the old CNN bug burned it in use in Atlanta.

The old CNN engineers always had a few tainted tubes stashed at home for "friends" and co-workers.

there is still Plasma HDTVs that can have burn in as well. but majority of viewers use LCD or LED anyway so it wouldn't be a problem. but their new look is actually amazing but they still use the 1996 Mic flags.

there is still Plasma HDTVs that can have burn in as well. but majority of viewers use LCD or LED anyway so it wouldn't be a problem. but their new look is actually amazing but they still use the 1996 Mic flags.

When I first met my wife in 1989...I had to think on my feet when she saw a little playboy bunny bug burned into the Magnavox Big Screen Projection TV/ Monitor.

Wanna guess what I told her???

Research!

(I listened to the SOT's only...didn't watch the b-roll)

but their new look is actually amazing but they still use the 1996 Mic flags.

Changing the mic flag colors to blue instead of the black background would be a nice change, but I guess that's not top priority. Especially since the mic flags aren't even used much in certain cases, probably to avoid people interrupting them once they see the "Fox News" logo.

Also, I wonder if Fox O&Os might end up getting some kind of similar update, considering how the current and previous O&O graphics were based on (now old) FNC graphics packages. The O&Os could use some updates and what FNC now uses looks better than any previous ones.

Fox News Sunday has adapted to FNC's new look as well. Same graphics, though.

[ATTACH=full]4526[/ATTACH]

Seriously, when is Fox broadcast going to drop the HD logo? I don't watch the network enough but I think the HD part still animates on screen before the station logo appears.

Seriously, when is Fox broadcast going to drop the HD logo? I don't watch the network enough but I think the HD part still animates on screen before the station logo appears.

From what I remember, that particular Fox|HD bug goes as far back as 2009.

Nonetheless, Fox dropped their predominate HD references from the network bug a couple seasons ago. It is currently featuring the standard logotype with a optional hashtag above it.

From what I remember, that particular Fox|HD bug goes as far back as 2009.

Nonetheless, Fox dropped their predominate HD references from the network bug a couple seasons ago. It is currently featuring the standard logotype with a optional hashtag above it.

didn't fox's bug used to appear during primetime fox news coverage on the broadcast network? When did that stop?

didn't fox's bug used to appear during primetime fox news coverage on the broadcast network? When did that stop?

Yeah, they stopped displaying the standard Fox bug on top of FNC interruptions. Though I don't know the exact date they stopped this practice, I could assume it fell out of regular usage in the years after the HD transition...

(Not sure if this equals all other appearances beyond 2009-2010 was deliberately planned for an isolated presentation or coincidental?)

Yeah, they stopped displaying the standard Fox bug on top of FNC interruptions. Though I don't know the exact date they stopped this practice, I could assume it fell out of regular usage in the years after the HD transition...

(Not sure if this equals all other appearances beyond 2009-2010 was deliberately planned for an isolated presentation or coincidental?)

i have only ever seen the fox bug on level 1/primetime SRs, i don't recall ever seeing it during level 2s

• 4 weeks later...

Archived