WUAB taking CW away from WBNX

tyrannical bastard

Now that leaves one more question; will Raycom try to run a two-1080i signal, or will the CW be stuck in 720p? I'm sure it'll be the latter, but it'll be interesting to see if they attempt two 1080i signals.

NBC O&O WYCN/Boston is channel sharing with WGBX; both transmit their primary signals in 1080i. It is doable.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here comes WUAB's new weekday lineup with the CW starting on July 16th.

6:00am Paid Programming

6:30am Religious Programming

7:00am Paid Programming

7:30am Extra

8:00am America's Court with Judge Ross

8:30am Supreme Justice with Judge Karen

9:00am Jerry Springer

10:00am Steve Wilkos

11:00am Maury

12:00pm Judge Mathis

1:00pm The People's Court

2:00pm Robert Irvine

3:00pm Hot Bench

3:30pm Hot Bench

4:00pm The People's Court

5:00pm DailyMailTV

5:30pm DailyMailTV

6:00pm Family Feud

6:30pm Family Feud

7:00pm Modern Family

7:30pm Mom

8:00pm CW Programming

10:00pm Cleveland 19 News at 10

11:00pm TMZ

11:30pm How I Met Your Mother

12:00am Modern Family

12:30am Mom

1:00am MyNetwork TV Programming

3:00am The Game

3:30am 2 Broke Girls

4:00am Family Guy

4:30am Paid Programming

5:00am Paid Programming

5:30am Religious Programming

BOLD=New time or programming

It appears that the 7am news is gone from WUAB as well.

Why is WUAB airing Extra as opposed to WKYC? You’d think it would have been added while Gannett and NBC shared joint ownership...

Why is WUAB airing Extra as opposed to WKYC? You’d think it would have been added while Gannett and NBC shared joint ownership...

Entertainment Tonight has been a staple on WKYC since at least 1993. Extra has bounced around every other station in the market outside of WBNX and most recently has flip-flopped between WOIO and WUAB.

One interesting note: TV Guide Mobile has not updated its listings for WUAB to incorporate its revised schedule as a dual CW-MyNetworkTV affiliate; most glaringly, it still lists the now-cancelled 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. newscasts and does not mention the CW lineup.

One interesting note: TV Guide Mobile has not updated its listings for WUAB to incorporate its revised schedule as a dual CW-MyNetworkTV affiliate; most glaringly, it still lists the now-cancelled 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. newscasts and does not mention the CW lineup.

Likewise, TVTitan doesn't list WUAB's new lineup for today, but it does for tomorrow going forward.

The 10pm newscast has announced "Me Time with Frangela," (a new hosted by Frances Callier and Angela V. Shelton) to air on WOIO/WUAB and all of the Raycom stations. It was also announced that there's going to be Cleveland 19 News at 9am this fall, but I don't know which of the two it will air on.

The 10pm newscast has announced "Me Time with Frangela," (a new hosted by Frances Callier and Angela V. Shelton) to air on WOIO/WUAB and all of the Raycom stations. It was also announced that there's going to be Cleveland 19 News at 9am this fall, but I don't know which of the two it will air on.

More than likely WUAB unless Rachel Ray has anemic ratings on WOIO at 9am right now.

Even if they launch at 9:00 a.m., they'll still lose to WJW just like the 7:00 a.m. hour on WUAB.

As long as the newscast makes a profit in ad money, then Raycom will keep it on there.

It’s pretty evident that WUAB’s current program inventory crowded out the 7am newscast when the CW came aboard. It didn’t really get canceled in the traditional sense but fell victim to circumstance.

That being said, just revive the 7am newscast. Maybe stretch it to 7am-9am instead of 7am-8am. 9am news is unnecessary if the lead-in is nothing but barter court shows and Extra. But of course that makes sense lol

Why does WOIO need a 9am newscast?

...Because the "Ninety and Nine Club" needs more competition at 9am!

giphy.gif

I’m surprised Ernest Angley’s toupee hasn’t become sentient and taken over as “90 and 9” host already. (Seriously, look at pictures of the man in the present day.)

That being said, just revive the 7am newscast. Maybe stretch it to 7am-9am instead of 7am-8am. 9am news is unnecessary if the lead-in is nothing but barter court shows and Extra. But of course that makes sense lol

They could revive the 7am and stretch it to 9am since Jerry Springer is getting "cancelled". More than likely, Rachael Ray will shift to WUAB, with WOIO airing the 9am newscast.

I can't recall the last time he's even appeared on any of his shows. His associate pastor has been "guest hosting" for the past few years.

Maybe the hairpiece is being cleaned by the same place Gib Shanley went to....

...or got shipped off to the same island as "Fido"

I'll say this, he's not the young whipper snapper he used to be....

Has anyone watched the CW network programming on WUAB since Monday? I got to see Robert Irvine's show, and some of Whose Line Is It Anyway? and they both look good on the station. I'm sure the numbers will be up a little bit for the 10pm news now that there's better lead-ins.

They could revive the 7am and stretch it to 9am since Jerry Springer is getting "cancelled". More than likely, Rachael Ray will shift to WUAB, with WOIO airing the 9am newscast.

I’ve never seen a duopoly have 7-9am news on a sister station AND 9am news on the “main” station.

Archived