New ABC SD bug

Andy B

I wrote how I would describe when speaking vocally.. I use UK English grammar and since 'alot' is not a word, I just split them up. Does it really matter?

Great another karma point ::)

Shame.

Sir, "UK English" grammar and the grammatical rules of the American English vernacular concur in the case of "a lot."

He was not talking about that, though, so might I suggest better use of your "rolleyes?"

Todd was speaking about your horribly improper and superfluous use of the superlative "brighter." Indeed you chose to use two opposing superlatives in the same sentence, leading to a descriptive mess.

We would have accepted "a lot less bright" or "not as bright" for the win.

ETA: Another opportunity for the win!

I'm sorry but isn't the point of this thread about the new ABC bugs rather than giving me a lesson on my grammar? You did exactly the same when I started a topic on the difference in picture quality; by diverting the subject to some bloody childish 'caption contest'.

I'm sorry but isn't the point of this thread about the new ABC bugs rather than giving me a lesson on my grammar? You did exactly the same when I started a topic on the difference in picture quality; by diverting the subject to some bloody childish 'caption contest'.

It's rare that this website's pittance draws my ire.

Sir, note the following:

• That it was not I that redirected the topic of this thread. Note the username next to the post inquiring about your dubious grammar is "alaskanews2" not "Sam Horn."
  • That it was you that chose to be a smart ass toward Todd -- read, alaskanews2 -- for correctly pointing out your grammatical error.
  • That I only intervened following your display of "rolleyes" and snark toward Todd pointing out how he was right and you were very, very wrong.
  • That in the previous thread of which you speak, where you allege I diverted the "subject to some bloddy childish 'caption contest,'" I was employing something we call in American English a "sense of humor," or as you Brits call it a "sense of humour." It's a shame that my diversion proved more interesting than the original topic, yes?
  • That in my future dealings with you, I will remain devoid of humor/our and will treat you with the highest respect. Note also that this is Sam Horn's lowest rating relationally, and you have indeed earned it accordingly.

Good day to you.

Does someone want a tissue?

Pardon?

abcnewdog3dx2.jpg

Alright, new caption contest!

What's Starr thinking?

EDIT:

My submission: Mmm...Rodney Harris likes me more!

Damn I wish that white boy would quit callin' me Star Jones

(Thats Sherri Shepherd, Star is anorexically skinny now)

abcnewdog3dx2.jpg

Alright, new caption contest!

What's Starr thinking?

EDIT:

My submission: Mmm...Rodney Harris likes me more!

Damn I wish that white boy would quit callin' me Star Jones

(Thats Sherri Shepherd, Star is anorexically skinny now)

Gracious be! I got my large black women mixed up, my apologies. Here's a comic of Garfield to make up for it:

garftm5.jpg

It looks better than before. But the bug for the SDTV seems a bit too large, they should reduce the size of that one. That budge could be an abscess, lol. Well, hopefully it isn't, but it does look a bit odd... ;)

I wonder if this latest on-screen logo, in addition to the animated ABC News logo, will finally convince WEAR to stop putting their logo and clock around the network logo? They used to have a similar on-screen logo during syndicated programming, but with the network logo included. Whenever ABC has their logo slightly raised during sports coverage, WEAR's bird appears to be crashing into the network logo.

The "crash" inspired me to draw a cartoon with the WEAR bird crashing into the network logo. It is titled "Blind Seagull" with the bird asking, "What?" after the crash.

• 2 weeks later...

Gracious be! I got my large black women mixed up, my apologies. Here's a comic of Garfield to make up for it:

garftm5.jpg

I hope that last strip wasn't leaked to the papers by accident, otherwise...no more Garfield!!

Jonathan Allen

• 2 weeks later...

Ew, WWAY does/did something like that and it looks like crap...

(See original post for image. I don't need to see it multiple times.)

And speaking of ugly, that stupid FCC-mandated E/I wart ABC uses isn't any better. They were better off with the transparent one they used before, and even that was too much.

But back to the beginning. The new general-purpose SD bug that started this discussion should be resized about 1/3 smaller to about 30-35 lines (I made it out to be 50 lines high). Don't really need it any larger than that.

Archived