First shots of the new NBC News/MSNBC studios

Neilium

Anyone else feel an eerie BBC vibe with this studio?

-T

I was thinking more CNN International with all the cubes and all, but anyway, I am going to hold judgment till we see how they implement the new studios in their broadcasts. In respects to MSNBC, I never understood why it was a good idea to keep those staff in whole different buildings. For that matter, as a side note to this all, I wish MSNBC would actually air some type of FOX Report/Situation Rom in the evening of just straight news without the Countdown style or anything, but of corse they won't complete against the big network.

One item possibly not noticed at first, but doesn't this look like a new look for the Nightly? Anyhow, October 22nd people, October 22nd.

Well its different and original, so I don't mind it at all. I personally don't hate it, but there are things that I don't like about it though. It does in a way kinda feel like it was taken from BBC though especially with the excessive use of Red. And the studios do appear a lot smaller than before. Overall, I think its sorta a step down, simply because of the reduced size. But what I do like about it is the originality. Its different and its unlike most of the networks here in New York. Anyway we'll just have to wait and see in the coming days how it comes along, lol. I have to agree that it does feel a bit "restaurantish" so to say, lol. And I wonder if Nightly news will now look like that ??? That doesn't bode well for Nighly news if that is the way it will be.

It looks like this should be the lobby for the NBC News headquarters, but not the actual studios themselves. Seriously, I could imagine walking into the lobby and seeing all this glitz and stuff to impress those there to visit NBC, but it doesn't seem to really fit as an actual television news studio.

It will be interesting to see how they handle multiple broadcasts from the same physical space happening concurrently.

I presume that NBC Weather Plus national content moves to this facility someplace as well?

Honestly people, wait till we actually see them broadcast something out of the new studios! It might not be as bad as you all think.

You are absolutely right! It's premature to make final judgments on the design of the set without seeing it in action. According to those pictures, the set looks interesting and I look forward to seeing how they use the space.

Archived