One thing that sucks about Frank Gari

AdamTheJ

Is he mandating ABC affiliates to eventually use EWN-NG only and CBS affiliates to eventually use Enforcer only? If I was in charge of selecting the news theme for an ABC affiliate, called Frank Gari, and was limited to Eyewitness News - New Generation, I'd hang up and call 615 music. EWN-NG and Enforcer are so overrated, I mean HELLO there ARE other themes. I hope WPLG does NOT use EWN-NG and WPEC does NOT use Enforcer. If either one does, I'll e-mail them with a complaint.

Is he mandating ABC affiliates to eventually use EWN-NG only and CBS affiliates to eventually use Enforcer only?

No, because they wouldn't make any money that way.

They're probably just pushing it hard, and stations are buying in because there's a lot there for the money.

EWN Series 2 sounds really good. I think Gari did a nice job with it.

But, Enforcer New Gen sucks so bad. I just think the whole WBBM/Enforcer thing is kind of out-dated anymore. I mean, you've had so many packages by different composers who have utilized the melody (such as Palmer News Package-YUCK!) and the newer packages just don't sound particularly strong anymore.

Enforcer New Gen sucks so bad. I just think the whole WBBM/Enforcer thing is kind of out-dated anymore. I mean, you've had so many packages by different composers who have utilized the melody (such as Palmer News Package-YUCK!) and the newer packages just don't sound particularly strong anymore.

Which Enforcer New Gen - I or II? Because I think New Gen II is good.

Enforcer New Gen sucks so bad. I just think the whole WBBM/Enforcer thing is kind of out-dated anymore. I mean, you've had so many packages by different composers who have utilized the melody (such as Palmer News Package-YUCK!) and the newer packages just don't sound particularly strong anymore.

Which Enforcer New Gen - I or II? Because I think New Gen II is good.

I agree, Enforcer NGII is very good. Especially the cut WCBS uses for the teases

Enforcer New Gen 2 is better. Now how about NBC New Gen 1 or New Gen 2? Maybe I should just ask this question: Which packages do you think will be next to have a New Generation series of themes? Hopefully Hometown News will get some brand new themes, especially since it's Gari's most underrated package by far!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I can't stand hearing so many of the same packages in every market I visit. I can live with "EWN-New Generation" but the newer version of "Enforcer" I don't like at all.

Not ALL NG cuts are bad though. Eyewitness News NG-1 has some pretty nice cuts in it and Eyewitness News NG-2 is even better. And Enforcer NG-2, the one that WCBS uses as everyone said is beyond amazing simply put. Very well conducted orchestra in those cuts and its overall very suitable for WCBS and New York. I personally think its actually the best Enforcer version out there. ;)

I think Gari Communication's next project should be a new generation theme of News Series 2000+ for WLS. Or at least a mix between Eyewitness News and News Series 2000+....

Is he mandating ABC affiliates to eventually use EWN-NG only and CBS affiliates to eventually use Enforcer only? If I was in charge of selecting the news theme for an ABC affiliate, called Frank Gari, and was limited to Eyewitness News - New Generation, I'd hang up and call 615 music. EWN-NG and Enforcer are so overrated, I mean HELLO there ARE other themes. I hope WPLG does NOT use EWN-NG and WPEC does NOT use Enforcer. If either one does, I'll e-mail them with a complaint.

With EWN-NG/Enforcer; most of those using that theme are O&O's of the respective networks; so that would no doubt have come from the top down (at least in those cases). Not sure for the non-O&O's.

I think Gari Communication's next project should be a new generation theme of News Series 2000+ for WLS. Or at least a mix between Eyewitness News and News Series 2000+....

WLS will air their updated cuts from Gari (Including new open & promo cuts) sometime in Jan. of '08...I can't wait...I know it's hard to imagine Gari pulling off a "Bettter" version of their current cuts, but I think the new cuts will sound just as good as WCBS's new cuts of Enforcer. (BTW: Frank is doing WLSs updates...not Chris.)

WLS will air their updated cuts from Gari (Including new open & promo cuts) sometime in Jan. of '08...I can't wait...I know it's hard to imagine Gari pulling off a "Bettter" version of their current cuts, but I think the new cuts will sound just as good as WCBS's new cuts of Enforcer. (BTW: Frank is doing WLSs updates...not Chris.)

That is really great to hear that FRANK is doing the updates! I really cant wait to see them.

I'm not that thrilled with Enforcer NG I - but then again, KYW is doing that "take three or four cuts and use only three or four cuts" thing too many of the stations here do. (They had so much more variety when they were using News In Focus.) There's some stuff in there that I really like, just the main themes are pretty damn repetitive.

NG II - the WCBS version - is amazing and quite possibly Gari's best package in years.

I'm not that thrilled with Enforcer NG I - but then again, KYW is doing that "take three or four cuts and use only three or four cuts" thing too many of the stations here do. (They had so much more variety when they were using News In Focus.) There's some stuff in there that I really like, just the main themes are pretty damn repetitive.

NG II - the WCBS version - is amazing and quite possibly Gari's best package in years.

Thanks to John Hegner, who left already. :-(

Thanks to John Hegner, who left already. :-(

Wait, what! When and Why did John leave?

KYW actually had different cuts to go with different daypart opens when the HD switch happened. ND nixed that one. >:) Have you noticed that they jumped back (in Enforcer-time) a bit for the 6PM teases? They are using a Hegner/WCBS cut for the "Coming Up At 6" seen prior to the open.

As for NG2, I'm not feeling the versatility in it. Almost TOO orchestral. I've yet to feel any track has a good, breaking-news, hard-hitting punch to it.

As for NG2, I'm not feeling the versatility in it. Almost TOO orchestral. I've yet to feel any track has a good, breaking-news, hard-hitting punch to it.

I have to agree wholeheartedly. Although NG II is an absolutely beautiful piece of music, and is truly a breath of fresh air to have come from GCI, it doesn't seem all that usable. With many cuts that sound almost exactly the same, it's hard to use the same series for all the segment opens.

In cases like this, the orchestral open would be used along with the orchestral bumper. As soon as a segment open comes out, it'll be one of the original Enforcer series themes. To me, it takes away from the main theme a bit. A bit of a half-assed orchestral mix, if you will. My take has always been to use both cheeks.

Archived