NY Governor Eliot Spitzer prostitution scandal

johnnya2k6

I think he laundered money to pay for the prostitute, or something. In addition, it's pretty ironic that in the past 5 years, all 3 of the states in the NYC area have had a scandal with the governer.

NEVER trust a man who wears tabbed collars.

But seriously..why can't Democrats keep it in their pants? But the cool thing is New York will probably see its first African-American Governor-it's about time!

I hope she was hot' date=' at least.. to go through this trouble. I also hope he doesn't have some kind of STD now.[/quote']

They were high-class call girls...not street ho's he was involved with.

WABC just had a special report at 10:05am that Gov. Spitzer is to resign today.

Looking at the local station websites it seems this news broke just before 9am and there was another confirmation from sources just before 10am.

WCBS came back on at 10:15am with a special report from Chris R. in Albany.

All the cable news channels now are reporting on it. The AP says the press conf. will be at 11:30am.

WCBS, WABC, WNBC, and WNYW all had continuing coverage from around 11 until noon news time.

My 9 and CW11 picked up coverage right before Spitzer made the announcement. Telemundo was also running news but didn't appear to have live shots of the announcement.

Excluding WNBC, all had reporters and interviews from Albany (Ch.4 may have had them but I never saw in my flipping). WCBS seemed to be the best, IMO, with WABC right behind. Channel 4 was all over the place, they had four males at the desk and they all seemed very smug.

I was shocked at 11:30 (ok, not really) to flip to My9 and CW11 and see regular daytime programming.

FROM ALBANY: They are loving this up here.... WTEN (despite Young's massive layoffs/etc) had a special 1/2 hour show Monday night at 8pm, where the Batcholor(sp) was supose to be (airing that at 1:30am). AND TONIGHT, right now, they are having an hour long special (wife swap is at 1:43Am). They are the only station that I have sean breaking into Network programing. Will ABC be okay with this??? (I think these "Special Edition's" are aimed at bringing their audiance back {all though I have not sean Feb.s #'s for Albany})

Our #1 station NewsChannel 13 has/had a majority of their staff camped out at the state capital & now Patterson's house up here. Tonight before they, WNYT, went to commercile breaks they had taped segments of people on the street telling what they thought of the scandle. Also important to note the man male anchor just "got back" (from where, I dont know?) to NewsChannel 13 tonight...so thats a bad decision on wnyt's part. they should have made him not go on Vacation or filled it with someone else, not just left the 5 & 6pm news be anchored by one anchor.

Also on wnyt.com, has dedicated a huge piece of there website (SPECIAL SECTION) to the scandle. Wten.com is "over graphicing" the site, with little news. And with very racy picts, if you know what I'm saying. As for the other station CBS6, they are using their website to bring us breaking News, they are the first website (of the 3) to have the breaking news, as I see it.

Our 24 hour news Source Capital News 9 (exactly like New York 1/time warner) Has also been doing an excelent job on this story.

Menwhile, I have no idea if they is any other news other than Spitzer, because the stations could care less about other news.

If anyone has any other questions about whats happening.....let me know.

At the news conference where Spitzer announced his resignation, a reportere yelled out to his wife "Are you going to leave him?" This reporter has absolutely no class. Poor Silda Spitzer is really going through enough. She doesn't have to take this crap from some stupid reporter.

WABC just had a special report at 10:05am that Gov. Spitzer is to resign today.

Looking at the local station websites it seems this news broke just before 9am and there was another confirmation from sources just before 10am.

WCBS came back on at 10:15am with a special report from Chris R. in Albany.

All the cable news channels now are reporting on it. The AP says the press conf. will be at 11:30am.

WABC actually broke in around 9:05 a.m. to say that the Governor would most likely resign. In addition to breaking in again around 10:05, They dumped their 15- and 30-second promos during the 9am and 10am hours in favor of live breaking news updates.

Did anyone catch WABC's coverage from about 11:15am thru 1pm? Bill Ritter and Diana Williams anchored. Maybe it was because it was very hectic for everyone on camera and behind the scenes, but it almost seemed like they were both battling for the lead anchor role. Bill is technically WABC's lead anchor. Diana, however, is WABC's senior anchor. It was kind of weird seeing both them try to rush to beat the other one in introducing a guest or tossing to a reporter. At the end of the broadcast, Bill's sign-off lasted almost until the end of the closing music and Diana chimed in quickly, "I'm Diana Williams. See you at 5:00," almost as if she was trying to get the last word in.

I was at school actually, but my deepest sympathies go out to Silda and her three daughters. I dont' know how in the world she's gonna handle this situation. She looks emotionally torn in those resignation addresses, This is probably the worst situation for her to be in right now. And it really goes to show at how she has a lot of strength to stand by him after what he's done. Anyway I don't know there is no question that what Spitzer done was disruptive for not only his family but for the entire country, but the question is what happens next over the next couple of months? Does she go on? Or does she call for a divorce? I personally think she should leave him. Not for just that one girl, but for all of the other hooker's he's payed to have sex with.

I did not see WABC coverage, but at CBS2 Dana certainly was taking the lead there with Jim. But I never got the sense they were "battling." It was entirely unscripted for them and I thought it was great coverage. Including Chris Wragge in Albany getting interviews with Assemblymen up there.

In-house reporters/analyst were a nice touch for the coverage as well.

+++

The reporter who yelled "will you leave him," probably a FOX5 journalist...or Fox News anyway....or the The Post. Okay, I'll stop. And my thoughts; if Hillary didn't leave Bill, she won't leave Eliot either. Hell, she was telling him NOT to resign (apparently).

It is an unfortunate event. Spitzer was Mr. Ethics/Right. I don't get it when they try to apologize. If you are sorry, you wouldn't have done it in the first place. I'm not sure how his wife and daughters are handling this, it's really embarrassing. Plus, there goes one superdelegate for Hillary.

Archived