Male Fashion Disasters

SuitSnob

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Does homeboy have a mullet!? Wait until he turns around.

Man! Makes you want to say "WHAT THE F@(&!!!!" Does he know that having long greasy hair in the back is bad for suit wear...the hair's natural (and in this case I am guessing there are unnatural products in there as well) oils will ruin the back of the suit jacket's collar.

wow... that is not pretty.

i actually had a new director who once forbade me from wearing suits and ties. i was the nightside crime reporter... and could only wear button down shirts or polos and jeans. needless to say... i'm glad i'm under new management!

Does homeboy have a mullet!? Wait until he turns around.

Poor Arthur! He can't get a break - first from the Opie & Anthony fiasco that got him fired from CBS, and now this. He's definitely not known for a) dressing well, or B) knowing what to do with his hair.

wow... that is not pretty.

i actually had a new director who once forbade me from wearing suits and ties. i was the nightside crime reporter... and could only wear button down shirts or polos and jeans. needless to say... i'm glad i'm under new management!

What was the justification for not wearing suits?

I would love to ask every ND why their "talent" would be permitted to do the same. Many times, they look unprofessional, too informal, and like they should be at the sports bar instead. If you are at work where some degree of professionalism is expected, dress the f-ing part; or get a job doing something else where that informal, messed-up look is the uniform.

• 3 months later...
Oh SuitSnob, where are you when we need you?

Howard Thompson of WPIX11 has taken to wearing ASCOTS on the air.

Is this the news, or a Noel Coward play?

SuitSnob, I wish I could say Telly is lying, but I would be lying.

As Warner Wolf would say, "Let's go to the videotape": http://weblogs.wpix.com/news/helpmehoward/

In the first clip on the right, you can see he is wearing an ascot toward the end.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry...I did not have the link to the new server!!!

You want to hear AWFUL?!?!?! My Golden Boy Jeff Smith wore JEANS on the bottom with a formal suit coat and sweater vest on the top while being broadcast nationally on Good Morning America all last week! Jeff, what the #$%^ were you thinking?!?!?!?

As for Howard...this is what was to be expected with the loss of SuitSnob in that market...it is a fashion apocalypse...

He wanted me to look "edgy". Whatever that means. He was a product of WSVN/Miami, so that explains a lot.

In my current role, I still go without a tie (just a suit and dress shirt) at times. I do the "wacky" feature reports on the AM show, so I think that's acceptable. But when I'm anchoring or when I'm doing weather duties, it's full suit and tie.

Alright Suity, I tried something new tonight on the 10, let me know what you think.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid58698632001?bclid=1632695727&bctid=60061546001

About 1:30 in

Well...

It's a rather light colored suit (especially in Winter....especially in Alaska where it is ALWAYS Winter...), and having a dark shirt only accentuates it. I am not a fan of deep, dark colored shirts...especially on camera.

But is that a Half-Windsor you are sporting? SO-PHIS-TI-CA-TED!!!

Next time: A wife beater and a black motorcycle jacket.

HA! You joke, but for about a month, I was ordered by the ND to wear a leather jacket during my live shots. The reason? His 15 year old daughter thought it was "hot".

Believe me, it was anything but hot.

Well...

It's a rather light colored suit (especially in Winter....especially in Alaska where it is ALWAYS Winter...), and having a dark shirt only accentuates it. I am not a fan of deep, dark colored shirts...especially on camera.

But is that a Half-Windsor you are sporting? SO-PHIS-TI-CA-TED!!!

Like I said, just trying it out. Got the shirt for Christmas and it was the first time I had worn it. Folks in the newsroom liked it but I thought I would run it by the expert. And it is a Half-Windsor, it's the quickest to tie when I'm getting ready for the show :D

EDIT: FYI this is the 500th post in this thread

HA! You joke, but for about a month, I was ordered by the ND to wear a leather jacket during my live shots. The reason? His 15 year old daughter thought it was "hot".

Believe me, it was anything but hot.

I truly hope this ND is now working at a newsstand. Not caring about men's fashion to my level is one thing, but to let your teenybopper daughter dictate how the news is presented? Can I ask what market this was in?

Like I said, just trying it out. Got the shirt for Christmas and it was the first time I had worn it. Folks in the newsroom liked it but I thought I would run it by the expert. And it is a Half-Windsor, it's the quickest to tie when I'm getting ready for the show :D

EDIT: FYI this is the 500th post in this thread

It's a milestone! Not bad considering SuitSnob has been out of the NYC market for almost two years!

The purple shirt would be great for a date I bet. Too bad in Alaska a date consists of hitting a chick you like over the head with an icicle and dragging her back to your igloo.

Congrats on mastering the Half-Windsor...you are probably now the best-dressed guy in the state (as Levi Johnson is now most frequently nude).

I truly hope this ND is now working at a newsstand. Not caring about men's fashion to my level is one thing, but to let your teenybopper daughter dictate how the news is presented? Can I ask what market this was in?

This was about two years ago, here in Norfolk, VA, market 43. Thankfully, that ND is gone, now working in New Bern, NC, which is like market 103 i think.

As atrocious as his fashion sense was, that was the least of our problems with that guy.

This was about two years ago, here in Norfolk, VA, market 43. Thankfully, that ND is gone, now working in New Bern, NC, which is like market 103 i think.

As atrocious as his fashion sense was, that was the least of our problems with that guy.

Which ND was that (or is his name being omitted to protect him from endless ridicule)?

Archived