Male Fashion Disasters

SuitSnob

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I turned on CNN this afternoon and I am in shock at what Rick Sanchez is wearing. He has on a black polo shirt buttoned up to the top with a blue jacket. This is CNN...not a small market affiliate!

That still would not excuse it!

What's up with the rest of the Slobs? Are they running free since the exit of SuitSnob?

• 2 weeks later...
OK,

I think Hunky-Monkey Jeff Smith is now coordinating his ties to Phil's tie and Michelle's outfit on the ABC weekend morning broadcasts.

Phil and Michelle have always coordinated, for years now. I think Jeff has joined the bandwagon.

I hope that stops him from wearing a particularly hideous red tie with a white paisley pattern that is just repulsive.

But how can you see them, SS? Didn't you move to some godforsaken part of the country, away from the NY Metro area?

• 2 weeks later...

Poor Jim Watkins...always looked super-snappy in his suits and ties when he bothered wearing them...and damn, what a great frame/ form on his torso. Smashing Windsor knots too. So damn handsome too!

watkins_bloomie.jpgUN_Feast102909_225.jpg

sc0003615f.jpg

img_0410.jpg

Memo to Jim: when interviewing for your new job do NOT wear jeans or forgo wearing the suit coat. Oh, how I weep for the Early 90s when you used to wear three-piece suits on NBC (sigh, swoon).

(sorry....just had to add THIS:)

• 4 weeks later...

Chris Wragge appeared on today's CBS Early Show with ZERO and I mean ZERO product in his hair this morning!!! Is this a new thing, or just an experiment in the hot, humid weather? He looks sexy and adorable either way; but I like the lacquered, anchorhair look better with his gorgeous, slick suits. And he is still handsome as ever, of course... :(

it's been hovering near 100 for days here in NYC, and promises to continue that way thru the end of the week. I think Chris doesn't want the extra weight on his head - let it breathe in the heat!

I was watching 9News (KUSA) last night, and I couldn't help but notice how nice Kyle Clark looked:

4803472791_e7fdb31f53.jpg

But then, during the break, Eric Kahnert came on with the morning tease, and I first thought that they wore the same outfit:

4803421173_a8ea421b48.jpg

There's a difference when you see them side-by-side, but when I first saw this on TV, I thought it was the same suit.

Given that it's Denver and not NY or LA (so the choices are fewer), they probably both shop at the same store(s) and share the same salesman/stylist. But they maybe should call each other in the morning and make sure this doesn't happen again - it reminds me of Lucy and Ethel wearing the same dress to the charity talent show.

It could be possible that they share the same stylist, but I looked closer in my HD-resolution caps and noticed a difference. Eric's blazer is lighter, Kyle's tie had small polka dots, and Kyle's shirt was pink.

• 2 weeks later...

Memo to Sam Champion:

While you look very good for your age, you are way too old to be wearing the Mad Men-inspired trendy suits with the extremely narrow lapels and you DEFINITELY cannot get away with the shoestring-skinny ties. Please go back to the Dapper Dan we all loved. Thanks!

Ooooh!!! Telly, you are playing with fire!!! He'll run off to the Gym and then his shrink...and then send a Gay Mafia hitman after you!!!

But he really looks like shit! Stop being a Fashion Victim Sammy!!!

Archived